• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to pack??

Lover_of_Disney

Mouseketeer
We are leaving in a little over two weeks!!!! When should I start packing??

Also, we are going to Universal the first day but are not arriving until noon or so. Does anyone know if it is possible to ride most major attractions in this time????

Start making a list of what you want to pack, then I usually pack a day or two before (I hate to look at the open suitcase for too long). I always find a list helpful. Take it with you wherever you go cuz you'll think of things at odd times and need to write them down.

Again, have fun!
Linda

There are some things I never unpack! I have a small medical bag with all sorts of remedies. Pepto, Immodium, Advil, Cold and Sinus med, bandaids, moleskin etc. I also keep a "kitchen" bag with equal, salt and pepper, tea and the like. I pack clothes two days before to make sure nothing I want is in the wash. I wish I was packing now!

Also, we are going to Universal the first day but are not arriving until noon
or so. Does anyone know if it is possible to ride most major attractions in
this time????)

Although I am hearing that attendance is down at UNI I don't think it's down that bad
I don't think you can do all the rides at Islands There are some mosterious
rides there, Hulk.. Spiderman,Ripsaw falls, But if you try you may make a
dent,, If you choose just The first park, you could conciveably get them done.
Of course you might just want to do Men in Black one or two times..
So if your just there for the day pick your best park for the length of
time you are allowed. Remember you will just have to go back to
do all the things you missed. Kinda like WDW. I keep finding
things I forgot to do an just have to go back for that one little thing I just
have to do..

As for packing I am doing it right now and we don't leave until Sept. I
work and only have a little time to devote to getting ready, All the washing and Ironing
and so forth and to top it off we are on all kinds of overtime, so my day is pretty well shot
and week end it's run here and run there..

Are you going to just the original Universal Studios park (not IOA)? If this is the case and you will be arriving at the park around noon than you could probably hit the major attractions (Terminator 2-3D, Back to the Future, Men in Black, Jaws, Earthquake, Twister, Kongfrontation). There are also many other worthwhile things to see there including shows and kiddie rides and this is just my opinion of the biggies. How much you can see will also depend on if you will have access to their front of the line priveledge. If you will, then you may be able to accomplish much more than these, assuming the park is open fairly late. Just my personal opinion here but don't miss Terminator 2-3D :cool: ! It is the best 3D movie attraction I have ever seen so if you like that sort of thing make sure you see it. Have fun :) !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter