When to Leave MK for 1900 Park Fare?

jvattes

Loves the planning as much as being there!
If I have a 5:50 pm reservation at 1900 Park Fare, planning to arrive at 5:35pm as per the instruction to arrive 15mins early, what time should I anticipate leaving MK to get there on time? We are open to any mode of transportation, but probably favor Monorail.

Thanks!

It's less than 15min on the monorail. You'd stop at CR, TTC, Poly, get off at GF, got down to the first floor.

You can take the boat too. First stop is the back of GF. You'd have to walk to the front of the lobby, maybe 5-7mins.

We were there in Dec, they had us all take a picture in front of a small Christmas tree. Not sure if they have something else there.

It's less than 15min on the monorail. You'd stop at CR, TTC, Poly, get off at GF, got down to the first floor.

You can take the boat too. First stop is the back of GF. You'd have to walk to the front of the lobby, maybe 5-7mins.

We were there in Dec, they had us all take a picture in front of a small Christmas tree. Not sure if they have something else there.

In theory this is correct but I have been stuck on a non-moving monorail for twenty plus minutes trying to get to breakfast a gran Floridian. I would leave at least 45 minutes before (as in walking out of the park at that time). If you are early no big deal. Gf is a lovely resort to just look around for a few minutes.

In theory this is correct but I have been stuck on a non-moving monorail for twenty plus minutes trying to get to breakfast a gran Floridian. I would leave at least 45 minutes before (as in walking out of the park at that time). If you are early no big deal. Gf is a lovely resort to just look around for a few minutes.

How long do they hold a ressie before calling a no-show? The way it stands now, if they were to hold for 15 mins, I have built in 30 mins cushion time.

Do they not take things like a monorail breakdown - 100% verifiable by them - into consideration??

Agree... we stayed at Grand Floridian and sometimes it was fast but we did have a few occasions when the monorail stopped and it took us 30 minutes.

I agree with you as well!! I have also been stuck on the monorail. We at one point waited for 20 minutes or more just to get on the resort monorail when we were at the TTC coming back to the contemporary from Epcot. The monorail was having some problems (people were leaning on the doors which caused a problem and the monorail had to slow down then unload then do the maintenance checks then reload. That happened like 6 times the whole vacation week we were there!! :confused3) and could only crawl to the location so we jumped on the express to the MK then walked to the our room at BLT and later that night I would say 20 minutes after arriving back to our resort and going to get something to eat did we finally see the monorail we were waiting for. We could see it but was not moving fast. So I agree with your 45 minutes to get where OP needs to go. Some times it is quick other times you think a bus would be quicker you never know with the monorail.
Better to be early than late!! I have had problems with the GFC once because we were late because of the monorail. After that we give ourselves plenty of time!! :thumbsup2

No idea if this question makes sense...

Could we walk?

Sorry for taking over your thread but I have the same questions :) So would the boat be better then? What time would you have to board the boat at mk to get to ressie at GF?

Sorry for taking over your thread but I have the same questions :) So would the boat be better then? What time would you have to board the boat at mk to get to ressie at GF?

Not hijacking - thanks for asking this! :)

We called the dining line and told them we were stuck on the monorail and they said they would let the restaurant know. I have no idea if they did because when we got there they said they had just about given up on us and I was pretty frazzled. They did seat us right away and we were the last party seated for the breakfast.
The problem with the ferry is if you just miss one it's a twenty minute or so wait for the next. We were actually planing on taking the ferry and just missed it so decided to hop on the monorail.

My recommendation is just budget some extra time and it will probably go smoothly. It seems when you try to cut it close that weird stuff happens.

How long does it roughly take to walk from MK to the Contemporary?

Depending on our feet it is 10-20 minutes but the 20 was from gate to our room at BLT with two sleeping children one was being carried the other I pushed the stroller. So I found later at night when we were tired it took us longer than the morning when we were fresh and ready to get there. It's a quick walk and usually there are hardly any people on it. We like to walk especially at night when the monorail was packed and it would be longer to actually wait to get on it.

I have never taken the boat from MK to GF but have taken a boat to Wilderness Lodge and back. Usually I give myself about 30-40 minutes with that too.

Depending on our feet it is 10-20 minutes but the 20 was from gate to our room at BLT with two sleeping children one was being carried the other I pushed the stroller. So I found later at night when we were tired it took us longer than the morning when we were fresh and ready to get there. It's a quick walk and usually there are hardly any people on it. We like to walk especially at night when the monorail was packed and it would be longer to actually wait to get on it.

Thank you :)

It seems when you try to cut it close that weird stuff happens.

Isn't that the truth!!! Never fails! :p I was going to say aaaahh leave at 5:30 but then of course I'd probably be one of those people caught on the monorail and very late for my ADR per usual!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter