When to go?

Wyattsmom

Earning My Ears
I couldn't find a better place to ask this. If there is a better section please feel free to move it.

I have booked our trip for Nov 16-21st. We are staying at All Star Sports ( my sons request) for cheap and have the free dining but upgraded to the table service. We have several good dining reservations (BOG, Chef Mickeys, Ohana). Most of all, it looks like crowds will be very low that week.

However, we just found out that our sons year round vacation days have changed , and he will have to miss a week of third grade to go. Our other options are the whole month of October or the whole month of January.

Taking into consideration our ONE concern of low crowds, which specific week would YOU choose?

October- choose a week
November 16-21
January choose a week

Thanks for your advice :)

I would think if you avoided the holiday/marathon weekend in January, it would be a good month to visit. October can get busy with MNSSHP and Food and Wine. I'm not sure about the November week but it is before Thanksgiving so it might not be too bad. Others who have more expertise may have better advice. Check out a few crowd calendars (Touring Plans, easyWDW, Undercover Tourist) and see which weeks have the lowest crowds that match up to your dates.

Stick with your initial reservation, or move to the week after New Year's in January...the 10th-16th week. Unless, that's the marathon week?

My issue with January is don't several rides/restaurants etc go down for refurb? In November mostly everything should be open.

I'd stick with your original week if missing school won't cause attendance issues. All of October is looking to be very very busy this year.

January. We checked in the day before MLK holiday. And crowds were awesome. I think the only ride closed was Splash Mountain.

January will definitely be slower, after the holiday crowd is gone. A few rides will be down for refurbishment. Splash Mountain will very likely be closed; which other rides are hard to say. Second best would be October. Ride closure dates have been released through the end of the year but are subject to change.

If weather matters January will be chilly. A few days we were there it was in the 40s... With lows in the 30s a few mornings. Still swam a day that was warmer (kids did)

November will have Christmas decorations already up And October Halloween if that matters!

I would see if you can secure the ADRs you want (if that is a big part of your trip). If you can't and you are okay with your son missing school I would stick with you trip already booked. I'm going in September and my nephew is missing a week. It's the only time I can go so that's are only option but we are okay with him missing.

You most likely won't be able to get free dining in October depending on your time but there are room discounts. Usually FD is released for January - February but not sure when it will happen.

First or second week of October. Weather is still warm for pools, MNNSHP, Food and Wine Festival and your son won't miss school. We used to go first week of October when daughter was in year round school... enjoy it our county only had it K-5 ugh... They also supposedly could not miss that many days of school you needed Dr's notes or obituaries some sort of reason to be missing school.

We have been during all of those months(week after Thanksgiving, week of Halloween and the week after New Year's. The MOST crowded was the first two week of January. It is break for the Brazilian's and lots of people arriving early for the marathon. It was very crowded for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter