• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

when to go

brandand

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide whether to take a 4 night cruise in Feb. Or in April. I have the time off the week of President's day and the first week in April. There is a price difference being cheaper in Feb. than in April. However, I want to be able to enjoy the water and the beaches. Will it be too chilly in Feb.? Oh what to do?:confused3

Well, DH and I took a cruise the 2nd week in March this past year, it was definitely hot enough to enjoy ourselves in the water. We snorkeled and explored Nassau....I rarely get sunburn but I did on this trip. SO definitely April you will be fine. I bet Feb would be too. Hopefully someone comes along that has done Feb to tell you. :)

My family is cruising in Feb. while the kids are out of school. I've read quite a bit online about the Feb. weather. From what I've read, the weather is typically pretty nice during the day, but chilly at night. We all know that the weather is very unpredictable, but I'm hoping Feb. 09 is going to have nice weather. The last Disney Cruise we took was during Spring Break (April). I would have much rather gone during April, but there were no guarantees that my BIL could get the time off work, and as you said the rates are much less in Feb. Good luck with your decision.

By the way, I noticed you live in Douglasville. I live there too!

Good questiom. I am debating the last week of Feb and the first week of Mar. Those times just work out best for us, but the first week of Mar is a bit more, but thats the week we normally travel. We went to WDW the last two years on that week, and they both were decent. This past Mar being nicer than the year before. So I would assume that the Bahamas would be a bit nicer yet?

I am wondering about January.....we went on a Carnival in March and the whole boat got SO seasick the first night- and it wasn't even a storm. Somebody told me the ocean "just does that in the spring":confused3 .
So, how would the ocean be in January, I wonder???

I am wondering about January.....we went on a Carnival in March and the whole boat got SO seasick the first night- and it wasn't even a storm. Somebody told me the ocean "just does that in the spring":confused3 .
So, how would the ocean be in January, I wonder???

I think it's so hard to predict. We cruised March 07 and it was so calm and beautiful. Then this past March, the ship could not even dock at CC.
I would much rather go in the spring than Jan or Feb because even in March, the water temp at CC was chilly! It was quite surprising after the warm water in St. Marteen and St. Thomas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter