When to go to Disneyland?

Princess Sarah 92

There were moments of gold, and there were flashes
Ok so my mom and I want to go to Disneyland sometime this fall or winter, but we aren't sure when.

I was thinking the end of September, but I don't want it to be too hot because I have a hard time with heat [even though I live in California lol] but I guess I could sweat a few buckets to be in the happiest place on earth.

Anyways my mom then wanted to go in October but I've read on here October is pretty busy.

I personally want to go in the beginning of December because I think the decorations and all would be cool but my mom is worried about the weather and getting over the mountains because we would be driving from Sacramento, plus I don't want to wait that long, but I think I could manage lol

Anyways, when would you suggest that we should go?

I'm in independent school, so thats not an issue for me and my mom could easily take off work. We would probably go for about 2 days seeing as we don't have all the money to totally splurge [and my mom thinks Disneyland would get boring after a few days, shame on her]

And also is there still Fantasmic! or whatever? And if so, when can I see it? Should I go one day on the weekend and one weekday? This is just all a huge mess for me lol

I was there the second week of October in 08. The halloween decor was up and haunted mansion was open with the holiday refurb. The parks were not slow by any means but it was minimal wait times for rides and the crowds were only bad in the places they always are (i.e. adventure land and tomorrow land. The crowds are admittedly less than the summer break or winter holidays, but can get busy during the peak hours of the day and on the weekends.

All in all, I recommend visiting in october. You can get pumpkin fudge... mmmm. :tongue:

in addition... there will be longer hours on the weekends and the majority of attractions will be open. During the week days, more attractions will be closed and the park will have shorter hours, bear in mind that there will be smaller crowds during the weekdays.

We went this November and the timing was perfect. I knew that the official holidays like the parade and fireworks were starting November 21 so we arrived Nov.18. It was already decorated and we spent the 19th and 20th hitting all the rides we could, the crowd was very manageable and we got almost everything we wanted done. Then on the 21 and 22nd it was packed but we felt like we had done so much that we took the time to get a good spot for the parade and just enjoyed the atmosphere.

We love going around the end of November. If it's the week after Thanksgiving, the crowds will be a tad bit lower. All the holiday decorations are up, parades are going and they always try to have all the refurbs done at that time. HM and IASW will close for the holiday overlay prior to that time

I am going to suggest November near the end just after Thanksgiving as well. I have family friends who go at this time every year and LOVE it. They usually find minimal waits, and the Christmas decorations are going up, and the haunted mansion overly is up etc.

Went last Dec 2-9, weather was good, midweek crowds were excellent, weekend crowds were quite large. All in all, it was a good time to go. We have also been in Oct and Feb several times. I much prefer Dec to Oct because of the crowds. However, we always a large group, I don't think Oct crowds would be as much of an issue for a small group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter