• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to go in March/April Time Frame

Kendallkat2

A "DVCHV" Member
We would like to have a quick trip in March/April time frame to help with the long winter I'm sure we will be suffering from in upstate NY.

I am pondering when a good time to go and thought I would ask some opinions. It's just the 2 of us, myself and hubby so therefore we don't have to worry about children in school. I don't want to go during Easter because of crowds. I see it's high points April 4 to April 17. Why is this? Easter is March 27th seems like the week later is when points/crowds should be high.

Thanks, Beth

The further you can get away from Easter the better. I would suggest end of April in 05. Plus, you have a better chance of having warm weather if you want to sun/swim. We went end of last March and it was still rather cool IMO.

Many colleges and private schools in the NE have spring breaks during March. My DDs and I are out 3/11-3/28(private elem. and HS in RI). Most public schools here are out for a week in mid-April.
Schools in different parts of the country have different vacations. For fewer crowds I think you'd be better off at the end of April.
Debbie

I think anytime you avoid spring break and Easter is wonderful. Every time we go during the March/April time we avoid the crowds either by luck or by planning to avoid Easter/Spring Breakers. Once we narrowly missed them by the last day and it made such a big difference in standing in line shoulder to shoulder or just walking onto a ride three and four times in a row.

Considering that Easter is so early this year...I'd look to go in very early March or late April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter