• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When to go in 2005?

Jenny

DIS Veteran
We are about to plan a Universal trip & will stay on-site (don't know which hotel yet). It's myself, husband & 2 small children who will be about 3 yrs. & 7 mo. we don't want to go when it's too hot (85+) or when it's crowded. We can't go in Jan. & I'm thinking June is too hot so it's between Feb., March, April or May - which is the best month? i'm unfamiliar w/ how busy USO can get -although w/ Express will it really matter too much when we go? please help.

I would go in February.

March, April, and May get very busy.

I agree. Early February gets my vote. Be sure to avoid President's Day weekend however.

February is the best, you don't even need FOTL, but staying onsite is still worth it since you can walk to the parks or take the boat.
Temps at this time are 55 in the morning, 75 in the afternoon and all the rides are working, even the water ones.
On some mornings, you'll need a light jacket, or two t-shirts, but in the afternoon, it warms up a little.

The park will be a ghost town in the morning. In the afternoon, more people show up and it comes alive. You'll be spoiled with the short lines after visiting in February.

Looking at February, I can go the week of Feb. 27-March 5. Is that still a good time for low crowds/good weather?
The second choice at this point is the first week of May 1-8. Which is better between the two? thanks again.

We went the first week of May last year and found the crowds to be pretty light. Plus, if you are staying on site, you will have the FOTL privilege to get you past the big lines in the afternoon. But like I said, the crowds were pretty low last year.

how are the crowds say in the month of dec?
like the first or second week in dec 2005

thanks Brooke

phamton said:
It's not very crowded right now.
I agree. If you can wait until December. The time between Thanksgiving and the weekend before christmas has low attendance, festive sprit, cheap hotels and the weather in usually very nice.

Dad of 3

I found late september & early october to be pretty good low crowds and good weather

What the crowds may be like on 1/7/05 to 1/9/05?....just curious...a group of 12 of us are staying at the Hard Rock....

Thanks

Monte

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter