• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

when to go? Dec 12 mvmcp or dec 22?

lesleyd75

Mouseketeer
Hi, my family will be in Orlando after a cruise and we want to take the kids to magic kingdom for the day, but I am nervous about Christmas crowds (possible 9 out of 10!). We might be able to go down a day early and hit the mvmcp on Friday night dec 12. What is better? Want to avoid crowds but not sure if that will be a wash if we get a full day vs a 7 hour party ticket.

Not sure I understand your question. The Christmas party on the 12th has not been all that busy in the past. Going to MK on the 22nd will be very very busy.

You will get more done in 8 hours at the Christmas Party than all day on the 22nd if all you are concerned with is riding rides. It will be cheaper too.

Hi, we really want to experience as much as possible. We have done the party before and found it a little challenging to do all rides and characters before our kids got too tired, but my youngest is 4 now so she should do better at staying up late. My hubby is a little crowd phobic and my kids don't do long waits well so the full day may be a challenge if wait times are 30-60 min. Just trying to decide if the hassle of taking them out of school a day early will be worth it ( I am trying to convince hubby to do this!) or if I should just grin and bear it with the busy crowds. Touringplans.com said I would get the same amount of activities done in 12 hours on Dec 22 as the 7 hours on Dec 12 MVMCP! Is the crowd level for Dec 22 accurate or do they overestimate? Is it really as bad as everyone says it is? Some people say the crowds are manageable until Dec 25, but with the way it falls this year I would think a lot of families will arrive on the weekend and be in the parks by Mon Dec 22 ...

Crowds will range between an 8-10 that close to Christmas so yes it will be busy. Your perception of busy and others perception of busy may vary greatly. Way to subjective for me to say if you will think it's as busy as others proclaim. That said if your husband dislikes crowds I would avoid MK on the 22nd. Like PP mentioned if your goal is get as much done as possible in the shortest amount of time do the party on the 12th. Just be aware its impossible to do everything all in one day wether you have 7 or 12 hours. Between parades, shows, M&G's, and rides, and stopping for food/bathrooms.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter