When to eat???

FlyingElephantFan

Earning My Ears
We have one day at Universal IOA, I think we are going on a Thursday at the beginning of October. We are not staying on-site, so we don't have early entry. My son is a Harry Potter fanatic. He is 9 and has read all of the books. We are staying at Disney and this side trip is a surprise for him.

I want to eat at Mythos (he is also really into Greek mythology). This will be our only meal other than snacks. When is the best time to make our reservation, so we maximize our time at the park? Thanks!! :wizard:

i thought i answered this one already.....

you can make a ressie on www.opentable.com

or you can call them direct.

or you can make it at the booth in city walk the same day you want to go there.

or you can sign up in the morning at mythos or just go on the wait list for a table.

it opens at 11:30 and some days it closes at 3:00, depending on the date.

Sorry, macraven. You did answer it. I wasn't sure if anyone would see it where I originally posted so I made my own thread.:confused3

Thanks for your answer. I've never been to Universal, let alone IOA or the Wizarding World. I wasn't sure how busy it would be in October and was afraid if I left it, I'd be out of luck. I'm used to Disney where you have to book 6 months out. I really think my son is going to love Mythos and I'd hate to miss it. Good to know they have shorter hours, it helps to plan my day. Thanks again!!:)

(Less than a month!! :banana::cloud9::yay::cheer2::wizard:)

I also highly recommend booking your Mythos reservation in advance through opentable.com. It's easy as pie, and you don't have to line up anywhere afterwards, which is awesome when you are on a tight schedule!

I'd go ahead and make the ressie through opentable.com so you're all booked and set with nothing to worry about that day. Since your main goal is WWOHP, I'd book a late lunch say 1ish for Mythos. That way you won't have to leave WWOHP earlier than you're ready to. If you can, eat a big breakfast or pack a few snacks so you'll last that late. Although that doesn't sound late for a regular day, I always find my family is starving on park days. I guess we get hungry early from all the running around! Another idea would be to get a late morning snack of butterbeer at 3 broomsticks. My kids love hanging out there while relaxing in the AC, and sipping their butterbeer. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter