When to book Nov 2011 trip?

minniem

Mouseketeer
I am so excited :banana:. DH just gave the go ahead to schedule a trip for this fall. My question is: do I book now at rack rates or just wait to see if any discounts come up? Is there an advantage or disadvantage in doing either?

Also, is it better to book it as a package or a-la-carte (sp?)?

Thanks!

There are room-only discounts available right now. Check mousesavers.com for details.

You can book now. Just put down a deposit to hold the reservation with the room-only discount. Then if a different offer comes up that is more appealing to you, you can make a change later.

Sometimes packages are better. Sometimes a-la-carte is better. It depends on what's being offered and the size of your traveling party. For example, a room-only discount is sometimes the best option for a group of two or three people, while a free dining promotion at the same time could be better for a larger group, especially if everybody is an "adult" (10 or older).

Have fun planning. And remember to make your ADRs around the 180 day mark. ;)

David

We are planning on going in November of this year also! :banana:

However, I haven't seen that there are any published discount yet. The farthest out that I've seen is October.

I'm already booked!!!! :banana:

I would make a reservation, put down a deposit then convert it over to when the discounts come out.

We are planning on going in November of this year also! :banana:

However, I haven't seen that there are any published discount yet. The farthest out that I've seen is October.

You're right -- my mistake. I was thinking of a PIN code offer I received recently. OP: If you're on Disney's mailing list, you may have received a PIN code offer that's good for certain dates through December. Unfortunately these offers are not transferrable, so you have to have received an offer yourself to use it.

David

OP here, no pin code (yet...I can hope right?!?):goodvibes

Would you guys recommend booking a package or room only? Can you only make dining reservations at 180 days out if you have a package booked?

We are a family of 6 with one under 3 for informational purposes...

Thanks! I love the information here...:)

Would you guys recommend booking a package or room only?

Room only at first. Go to a package only if it's a desirable deal for you.

Can you only make dining reservations at 180 days out if you have a package booked?

You can make dining reservations at 180 days out even if you have absolutely nothing booked. You don't have to stay on property or have the dining plan to book a restaurant reservation. I made my dining reservations before I had ever made a single 'travel' related reservation.

Given the size of your group -- 6 total -- you can probably save a LOT of money by staying offsite. The cheapest onsite option would be one of the suites at All-Star (Music?) resort, or maybe two connecting rooms at Pop Century. Either way it isn't exactly cheap.

David

Room only at first. Go to a package only if it's a desirable deal for you.

You can make dining reservations at 180 days out even if you have absolutely nothing booked. You don't have to stay on property or have the dining plan to book a restaurant reservation. I made my dining reservations before I had ever made a single 'travel' related reservation.

Given the size of your group -- 6 total -- you can probably save a LOT of money by staying offsite. The cheapest onsite option would be one of the suites at All-Star (Music?) resort, or maybe two connecting rooms at Pop Century. Either way it isn't exactly cheap.

David

This on all three points - book room only, reservations at 180 no matter where you stay, and for six people seriously consider offsite.

I'd recommend booking what you want now. I'm also a fan of the Disney only travel agents such as Small World Vacations. It doesn't cost you anything extra to book with them, they watch the discounts for you AND get them the first day they're available, and you can relax knowing that if a discount does come out that serves your needs you won't have to be watching constantly for them. They've gotten me upgraded room views for less than I had booked originally :D

I'd be leary of booking in November, unless you are looking to go early in the month. The week before T-Day and T-Day week itself is VERY busy!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter