When to arrive at D23 expo and tips in general?

Duchessa

Earning My Ears
Hello! This is my first time on here so if I do something wrong or put this in the incorrect section please let me know :)

I wanted to ask the past D23 expo goers for tips on when to arrive and just for tips in general, as I've never been before.
I originally wasn't going to go, but then I saw the recent news that there would be Kingdom Hearts III news, which sealed the deal for me (if I'm able to get my friend to come too, anyway). The event is at 11AM in Hall D23. As long as I make it into this, I'll figure out the rest of my day.
So my questions for all you hardened veterans would be...

1. When should I get there to get into this event? I can't be there very early, because I doubt anyone I would bring with me would be interested in camping out or being up at the break of dawn. Luckily, I live about 30 minutes away from Disneyland, depending on traffic.

2. Can I use my DL pass, which has parking, to park in the DL parking lots where you're bussed over and just walk from there?

3. Is the shopping aimed at collectors or will it include some more casual merchandise? Or maybe the more important question is if I can even get into the shops, lol.

4. In general how early should I get into lines for everything?

5. Any recommendations on what to see, what to avoid, etc.?

6. I've heard about people getting to meet some of the stars that come to the expo. How is that organized? Is there an official meet-and-greet?

Big thanks to anyone who answers my many questions!

2. Last time, there were signs at the Toy Story lot asking Expo attendees not to park there.
3. Both. There will be fun general merchandise and some very special collectible merchandise, too. There will be lines for the shops, but the marketplace area will be open for browsing throughout the day.
4. How badly do you want to see something? If the answer is "very badly," then you will probably need to line up as early as allowed for that event.
6. There are official meet and greets scheduled throughout the day. But it is also possible to meet celebrities casually throughout the Expo.

If you haven't already done so, read the D23 Expo site for rules and updated info on lining up, etc. Just click on the Expo link on the left side of the D23 webpage.

2. Last time, there were signs at the Toy Story lot asking Expo attendees not to park there.
3. Both. There will be fun general merchandise and some very special collectible merchandise, too. There will be lines for the shops, but the marketplace area will be open for browsing throughout the day.
4. How badly do you want to see something? If the answer is "very badly," then you will probably need to line up as early as allowed for that event.
6. There are official meet and greets scheduled throughout the day. But it is also possible to meet celebrities casually throughout the Expo.

If you haven't already done so, read the D23 Expo site for rules and updated info on lining up, etc. Just click on the Expo link on the left side of the D23 webpage.
Thank you so much for all of the info! It really helps.
What is the difference between the marketplace and the shops if I may ask?
And the answer to that is "very badly," haha. Hmm as of now it doesn't look like there is any announced 10PM line on Saturday night for Sunday. I'm not willing to camp out all night but maybe it will be easier for me to get in if the line starts the morning of?

...What is the difference between the marketplace and the shops if I may ask?...

There are official stores for D23 items and for Disney Store items. The marketplace is a collection of private vendors in individual stalls who sell collectibles and memorabilia. The stalls are located together in one area. Sometimes a vendor will host a celebrity autograph session.

There are official stores for D23 items and for Disney Store items. The marketplace is a collection of private vendors in individual stalls who sell collectibles and memorabilia. The stalls are located together in one area. Sometimes a vendor will host a celebrity autograph session.
Oh, I see, thanks for the explanation!

You are only going on Sunday, correct? That is usually the lightest day of the 3. And that Disney Interactive presentation is in the huge Hall D23, and not as popular with the masses as the others. (Not to say it is not popular at all, I just question if it will even fill that 7500 seat venue). So, you may not have to line up AS early for that one as Studios, Parks/Resorts, and Legends, assuming you are not determined to sit up front and as close as possible. I would keep an eye on that line, use Twitter for info as well. I want to go to that one too, and may not get in that line until 10 (but that is just me-- and my opinion).

Disney Interactive may be more popular this time than in 2013, because of the giveaways. Last time, they gave out exclusive Infinity character Sorcerer Mickey (not sold to public until the following January). They plan on this again, I believe. This will attract some just for that, to re-sell....... They give them out AFTER the presentation, as you exit, if I remember right.

You are only going on Sunday, correct? That is usually the lightest day of the 3. And that Disney Interactive presentation is in the huge Hall D23, and not as popular with the masses as the others. (Not to say it is not popular at all, I just question if it will even fill that 7500 seat venue). So, you may not have to line up AS early for that one as Studios, Parks/Resorts, and Legends, assuming you are not determined to sit up front and as close as possible. I would keep an eye on that line, use Twitter for info as well. I want to go to that one too, and may not get in that line until 10 (but that is just me-- and my opinion).

Disney Interactive may be more popular this time than in 2013, because of the giveaways. Last time, they gave out exclusive Infinity character Sorcerer Mickey (not sold to public until the following January). They plan on this again, I believe. This will attract some just for that, to re-sell....... They give them out AFTER the presentation, as you exit, if I remember right.
Wow, really great info, thanks so much! I'll be glad if Sunday isn't as crowded. It's hard for me to judge when would be right to go since I know some Kingdom Hearts fans like myself who will go just for that (last KH event I went to I didn't even get in), and someone mentioned that Star Wars might be a big draw, too. I'm thinking 7 or 8.
That's a really good tip to check twitter. I used twitter to check up on the 24 hour anniversary day to see when I should go but it seemed so bad I ended up not going.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter