• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When time does the terminal get busy?

By noon when boarding usually starts the terminal is filling up and there are lots of people in the queue.

Then later in the day when the busses from the resorts and Animal Kingdom arrive, I assume its busier, but shouldn't be to bad.

We try to arrive around 11am. We don't mind waiting in the queue :hourglass because the terminal is nice, the tv's are showing Mickey cartoons and the ship is outside. And we would rather be waiting "off of the ship" than spending time in longer lines onboard (kids club, palo, spa).

I would guess the terminal is busy when the buses start rolling in (around 1:30).

Here's my personal experience...

We've done 4 cruises on the Wonder. 2 times we arrived at 12:15 and 2 times we arrived at 11:30.

When we arrived at 11:30, we had virtually no wait checking in. Then we got into the line of people waiting to be let onto the ship. The line started moving around noon and we were on the ship by 12:20. So the whole process took about 50 minutes.

When we arrived at 12:15 we also had virtually no wait checking in. The people waiting in line were already starting to go onto the ship. We checked in and basically walked right on (no line). We were on the ship by 12:40. The whole process took about 25 minutes.

So...my personal experience says...walk in between 12 and 12:45pm. You'll breeze through check in and walk right onto the ship...no wait. If being on the ship 20 minutes earlier is important to you, then arrive at 11:30am....you do have to wait for the Ship to open up but once the line starts to move, it moves at a pretty good pace.

Jess

Is boarding about the same as the Wonder??? I was just "WONDER"ing!! :rotfl:
We have been on 2 sailings on the 4 day and got there around 10:45. Last cruise we were the first family on except the people in the Cat 1! :banana:
I love getting there early.. I did notice that by Noon the lines were long,but once you start boarding it moves fast. :goodvibes

I just did not know if the 7 day people arrive about the same as the Wonder? We will be getting there early againg in October! :cool1: :cool1:

Hi, we always get to the port at 10:30 and check-in, and are one of the first families to board. Love to enjoy the first day onboard!!!! FYI this was for Magic cruises. It is quiet at that time, but I would stay starting at 11:30 or so, the lines start, and by the time we board it is HUGE !!!!!!!!!!!! :sunny:

BABYJOSIE98 said:
Is boarding about the same as the Wonder??? I was just "WONDER"ing!! :rotfl:

I just did not know if the 7 day people arrive about the same as the Wonder? We will be getting there early againg in October! :cool1: :cool1:

The Magic and the Wonder use the same terminal. The boarding method is the same. They just space it out so the 3,4 &7 days do not dock on the same days. :)

I was just had never cruised on the 7 day and did not know if people were more eager or showed up the same as they do for the Wonder. Both times we had gotten there around10:45 and it was pretty quite. So I assume my plan will work for the Magic too.

I love their terminal!! After cruising RCL out of Fort Lauderdale I appreciate DCL terminal more than ever!! :goodvibes

Thanks.....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter