When there is not a snack stop...

FreeTime

DIS Veteran
We have decided not to rent a car for our upcoming 3 day trip. I am finding that all of the car transporations with grocery stopsto WDW are the same price as renting an economy car so we will probably use Mears shuttle. That being said, if you take the shuttle where do you get your snacks? We will just want some junk food and pop. Should I bring some Pringles with us? Do you get your snacks from the store at the resort? I don't remember if they sell Pepsi or Coke. What do you normally do? Thanks!

Hi,
We allways go to the Winn Dixie not far from the Crossroads Plaza.

..... is round trip Mears actually less money then an economy rental vehicle for three days ?

Freetime: If you are only going for 3 days, I would just purchase some snacks in the gift shop at the hotel. You might even pack a few things in your suitcase. I find that the food items in the grocery section of the resort are a little high, but not terrible. As for drinks, they are a little higher. We bought cases of water and soft drinks at the Hess station in front of Boardwalk a couple of times. There prices on Dasani were as good as the grocery store. You don't say where you'll be staying, but if you are within walking distance of the Hess gas stations at DW you could purchase your drinks there.

Not sure who make up your "we" but did you consider a car service. With the online coupons, it can cost about the same for a party of 3 to have someone waiting for them at the airport, help carry your luggage, make a 30 minute grocery stop and than go straight to just your resort.

It may be more worth your while to think along that route.

JMHO
Sandy

For 3 days just throw what you can in your luggage then get the rest on the fly at the shops at the resort or DD. How much could you need for 3 days. It's not worth a cab for this situation.

If you want Pepsi products - you'll have to stop prior to arriving "on property". Even the Hess's convenience stores are not allowed to carry anything but Coke products. I learned this the hard way - I'm a diet Mt. Dew drinker and I get ugly when I don't have one. Now, my DH always asks - "do you have your Dew?". I guess we both learned the hard way.

You can get plenty of snack food right at the general store at your DVC rresort. You will not find a Pepsi at WDW, coke has the contract. Gum has not been sold at WDW since it opened with good reason, they hope no one uses it.

I would echo what "InstImpres" said in that you should consider a car service.

We have used several different ones and found them to offer much better services and prices than Meers. They will be waiting at the airport when you land, holding a sign of your family name (the kids love this!!!) and will assist with your luggage. With each airport shuttle to your hotel also comes a free 30 min stop; we use the stop to pick up groceries. We also use the car services to go between WDW and US/UIOA and set up a package deal with them ahead of time for the airport shuttles and 2 days transfers to the "other" parks. I believe the cost was around $125 + gratuities for the 4 days of transportation for a party of 8 on our last trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter