When TAs make ADRS for you

Claki

Mouseketeer
... do you have to give them your MDE log-in info? I just assumed that the same authority that allows them to make your trip reservations also lets them make ADRS on your behalf. I was re-reading the emails the TA sent when we booked, and it mentions we have to give them our login info if we want them to book dining reservations. That surprises me. Most likely, we will book our own, and most definitely if we have to give them our login info.

When you book with a TA, basically, you are handing all control over to them. They do all the booking including rooms, ADR's, Fast Passes, etc. You cannot book anything yourself anymore. This is kind of a double edged sword. On one hand, it's a lot less stress and worry. Most TA's are good at what they do and can fulfill most, if not all, of your requests.
On the other hand, if you want to change something....anything in fact, you need to call your TA so that they can do it themselves.

When you book with a TA, basically, you are handing all control over to them. They do all the booking including rooms, ADR's, Fast Passes, etc. You cannot book anything yourself anymore. This is kind of a double edged sword. On one hand, it's a lot less stress and worry. Most TA's are good at what they do and can fulfill most, if not all, of your requests.
On the other hand, if you want to change something....anything in fact, you need to call your TA so that they can do it themselves.

Hi there. Not true. My clients can book ADRs and fastpasses if they would like or I can do it for them. I don't control or prevent anything. The only thing that you lose control of if you book with me is the ability to modify your resort reservation/package.

Our TA booked our ADRs using our MDE log in. I changed one myself. super easy. I just can't change my resort reservation

Hi there. Not true. My clients can book ADRs and fastpasses if they would like or I can do it for them. I don't control or prevent anything. The only thing that you lose control of if you book with me is the ability to modify your resort reservation/package.
We've heard horrow stories when people change plans and part ways with their TA. If the TA booked the reservations and is no longer going to get paid for the work, they may cancel all your ADR's.

We've heard horrow stories when people change plans and part ways with their TA. If the TA booked the reservations and is no longer going to get paid for the work, they may cancel all your ADR's.
In that case you would just change your password on MDE.

Not true, our TA was wonderful and were using her once again, the only thing we can not change is room, if we want to downgrade/upgrade room she would have to do it. She booked a few ADRs for us but I found better ones and I just cancelled hers without any problem what so ever, we also chose the fast passes not the TA and I did everything through MDE just like if I booked through Disney.

Before you decide to book with any TA you should check them out or at least have a recommendation from someone you trust. Disney doesn't just throw around earmarked status so that's a good place to start. Once you've decided you trust them enough with your personal financial information to book the vacation, I can't imagine why you wouldn't also trust them with your MDE log in. Disney does not give TAs access to book fastpass and ADRs automatically as that isn't considered part of the vacation booking process. If your TA is offering to do this part for you they are technically going above and beyond their duty and that is why they need your log in.

There are a lot of great full service TAs out there who will put in hours of their time to plan and book the best possible itinerary for you. Remember there are good and bad in any profession before you generalize one or two "horror stories" to the entirety of the TAs booking Disney vacations. I have a feeling anyone who had a TA spend a number of hours booking and planning their vacation just to "part ways" may have not been entirely innocent of wrong doing either (or at least should have had recommendations for that TA before using them). Have your TA book your dining and fastpass for you or not, whatever is your preference, but don't forgot to utilize their expertise they might know more than you think!

It was my understanding that the TA could only control the room booking.
A quick search on here will pull up four or five horror stories about TA's cancelling ADR's in the past year or two.

If you fire your TA, what are you going to tell them? Many people try to be non-confrontational and say they are no longer going to Disney, so the TA thinks they're doing a favor by cancelling all the reservations. What other reason would you have to to fire a TA? If you do it for a reason, then you're probably dealing with a TA that will take it out on you. Is there scenario where you part on good terms while telling the truth?

This concept of firing your TA is what confuses me. Their job is to book your vacation. If they did that and you signed off on it (meaning gave them your credit card info to book it), they have completed their job and deserve to make their commission on your trip. If you "fire" them but want to still go to Disney is this because they didn't get the fastpass or ADRs that you wanted? That's not technically their job anyway. If they truly didn't book the vacation you wanted then cancel it and start over and change your MDE log in and they have no access whatsoever to cancel them on you. But if you're keeping the booking (hotel, tickets, package etc) they made and trying to cheat them out of their commission on it, I can understand why they'd be upset about that. This still goes back to my point in the previous post that you should check out your TA before hiring them though because any professional that wants to keep their business running isn't going to resort to something vindictive that could hurt future business.

A TA can make ADR's without your MDE log in by calling for dining reservations, no need for him/her to have your password for that. You would then have to add those res #s to your MDE on your own. Often adding just one number pulls them all in. Sometimes got to add an ADR # separately to MDE, most likely when the TA has to call another time for an ADR they couldn't get previously. Yes, good TAs do frequently check for clients! And some DO call for dining at 7am. You can change or cancel any of these on your own by phone or by MDE, or add to them too.

So a TA can make dining reservations, though lots of people prefer to do those themselves now, but cannot make FP+ without logging into your MDE account. FP+ is a product for MDE, ADRs can be made with or without MDE. Dining reservations can all be done without any access on the TA's part to your MDE account.

Some TA's would ask for access to your MDE account, most would not. Personally I would not want access to a client's account if I were a TA, but would definitely make ADR's if a client wanted me to, and make recommendations for dining and FP+ too.

Last edited:
The TA would only need the MDE information if they are trying to book prepaid meals like Cinderella's Royal Table. I always send my clients a friend request under the family and friends section using my travel agent MDE and this allows me to make the reservations for them without having their account information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter