When should you return rental car?

Suzanne

GAGWTA
I just read a thread where post after post suggested returning your rental car cruise morning BUT drop off your party and luggage off first
But..
I am travelling alone with my DS11. So I'm a little worried about the idea of leaving him at the port alone with the luggage while I drop off the car. How long would I be gone?

So my other options are take him and ALL our luggage (yes I'm an overpacker) to the return desk Sat morn then take everything on the shuttle.
or
Return the car Friday night then take a taxi or shuttle Sat. Morn. (staying at Ron Jon's)

Suggestions?

I would have to say for ease of mind I would return the car the night before and take the hotel shuttle or a cab to the port. Other alternatives seem to open up to many chances for things to go wrong such as long wait for rental shuttle. While I'm sure DCL has had this come up before I'm not sure they would be comfortable with 11 yo alone for extended time in the terminal.
And I'm sure you would be uncomfortable also. just a suggestion.
Have a great time :goodvibes

If it were me, I'd take him and my luggage to the rental drop off then take the rental shuttle to the port. I wouldn't leave him alone.

hmmm split decision. That's a suprise on these boards :rotfl2:

The reason I'm hesitant on returning the car 'day of' is, I've read in posts that people get very annoyed when cruisers take all there luggage on the car rental shuttle with them.

You can still drop your luggage off and take just your carry-ons AND son back to the car rental to drop it off.

Dropping your luggage off is like curb-side luggage check at the airport. Except in this case you leave again after checking your luggage to drop off the rental car.

With just your son..I don't think you could leave him off alone, take him with you. You can drop your car off from about 8am on, port doesn't open until approx 10:30, so I would for sure be at rental place by 9 if you want to get an early start on ship. Taking your son isn't such a problem as families of 4, 5, etc plus all their luggage trying to get back to port in the vans.

Does anyone know what time Budget or AVis closes on Fri night should we return our car rental then. We also are debating on when to return our car with DH, myself and DS (5). I see that they open at 8:00 am, is Budget far from the Radisson what about avis. We don't cruise until Nov/06 so we cannot make any reservations for car rental until after Nov/05.

At Budget,

Do they have a quick drop off box where you just park the car put the keys in a secure mail box and then they just send you the final statement.This way it be wiser just to drop off the car the night before....I heard it's walking distance from the radisson...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter