When should we sell our contracts?

juju

DIS Veteran
Would appreciate some advice into possibly selling our contracts. We would like to do so in the future, but we presently have reservations using points in both early November and mid January. Do we have to wait until the reservations are complete or can we start the resale process earlier? We would still have points to use in this use year and have a full balance in the years after that.

You can list it with a note that it’s a delayed closing with the earliest date it can close after your last reservation. If you get a buyer you can complete all the paperwork and ROFR review and then it won’t go through closing until the date that you had agreed upon with the buyer.

Prices are still high but starting to dip a bit. Late closing dates don't seem to be a big deal anymore so there is no reason not to list now. You have to stop using points other than a reservation that is declared and the reason for the late closing.

I have two u/a now with late closing dates (I'm the seller). I was able to get my target price.

Good luck!

Best to list now and secure a price you know today. With interest rates up and stock market down, who knows if the prices can hold.

Given the uncertainty in where prices are headed and the current gluttony of contracts on the market for some resorts, you may want to consider renting your points out until the dust settles. Though this would obviously mean you don’t need the larger sum of money right away. If you do need that full amount sooner, I’d also recommend posting as soon as possible and figure out the lowest price per point you’re willing to take so you can be competitive with pricing. You still get paid even if DVD takes the contract in ROFR.

No one really knows what will happen, prices could tank, prices could keep going up. If you're ready to sell or buy, it's best to just go ahead and do whatever since we can't predict the future. I personally would list with a delayed closing like others have mentioned.

If you have multiple contracts and some reservations, ensure that the point count for the contract you list is accurate. I bought from one couple with multiple contracts that was confused about what points were in what contract. Hence they listed with full points in a current use year on the listing and contract, and when I got it it had only half the points. So they had to make good on reimbursing me for those points, or I had the option of cancelling and receiving a full refund. They were nice people, and since it had extra banked points also not listed, we worked out a compromise between me, them and the broker that saved us all some money (they reimbursed me for the dues on the missing points, and the broker made a free reservation for me). Best to avoid that if possible.

First thank you for not sharing any details of what you might sell.

I have bought and sold four contracts with delayed closing…two as a seller. I listed early and it worked out great.

I would do it now.

No one really knows what will happen, prices could tank, prices could keep going up. If you're ready to sell or buy, it's best to just go ahead and do whatever since we can't predict the future. I personally would list with a delayed closing like others have mentioned.

If you have multiple contracts and some reservations, ensure that the point count for the contract you list is accurate. I bought from one couple with multiple contracts that was confused about what points were in what contract. Hence they listed with full points in a current use year on the listing and contract, and when I got it it had only half the points. So they had to make good on reimbursing me for those points, or I had the option of cancelling and receiving a full refund. They were nice people, and since it had extra banked points also not listed, we worked out a compromise between me, them and the broker that saved us all some money (they reimbursed me for the dues on the missing points, and the broker made a free reservation for me). Best to avoid that if possible.
I just sold a contract and the resale company required me to send screen shots of all the points on the contract for 3 years. Maybe the mistake made with you won’t happen again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter