• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

when should we book our hotel?

kris14

Earning My Ears
We are planning our trip to DL in sept. dh, dd11 ds9 and myself have never been! already starting to plan because we are so excited to go. Im noticing some hotels are already booked up for the entire month of sept. and that worries me, i thought that was a slower month. We really want a family suite preferably across the street on Harbor, do those hotels fill up quickly no matter what time of the year? how soon should i book so we get what we want? thanks!

We are planning our trip to DL in sept. dh, dd11 ds9 and myself have never been! already starting to plan because we are so excited to go. Im noticing some hotels are already booked up for the entire month of sept. and that worries me, i thought that was a slower month. We really want a family suite preferably across the street on Harbor, do those hotels fill up quickly no matter what time of the year? how soon should i book so we get what we want? thanks!

I always book the minute I know our dates. I find the farther out I book the better the rates have been.

Back in October, I booked a 2Q room at the DI&S for March 5th and it's $69/night. I'm sure the rate is more than that now.

If the rates change, I can always call and ask for an adjustment.

Geemo

If you are referring to the kid suites at HOJO, yes, they fill up about 9-10 months in advance. I know there are other family type suites though on Harbour (I think)!

I, too, book as early as possible. HoJo only has a dozen or so Kids' Suites and those are a great value given the space. This trip, since it was a bit "last minute" (only 5 months in advance versus previous trips when I had 10+ months), I decided to splurge on an on-site stay at DLH. I'm sure it will be a transition to go back to 1 room but it's ridiculously expensive on-site.

"Hi!" and "Welcome!" to the Disboards!

I just wanted to say that even if you notice things are booked up online, it is often worth a call, directly to the Hotel(whichever you are looking at), to see if they might, in fact, have availability.

I know that a few times, everything looked booked for us, but a phone call made the difference--not saying it will always happen, but it doesn't hurt to call.:)

I always book (a cancel-able hotel) as soon as I know dates. Then I keep an eye out for deals.

As others have said, book as soon as you know your dates. I slacked on booking because I was waiting for conformation from the other half of our party. I ended up losing the hotel I wanted and having to spend more at a hotel farther away :(. Lesson learned the hard way.

thanks everyone! all great advice! i will book as soon as the tax refund gets here. i want the desert inn because of location, but would also consider something farther away like the stanford if the price is right. really want a kids suite. my son is horrible to share a hotel room with, he gets so excited he wont sleep and keeps everyone up. the last trip we took he woke everyone up at 2am just to tell us he couldnt sleep! lol hope the extra room prevents that.

thanks everyone! all great advice! i will book as soon as the tax refund gets here. i want the desert inn because of location, but would also consider something farther away like the stanford if the price is right. really want a kids suite. my son is horrible to share a hotel room with, he gets so excited he wont sleep and keeps everyone up. the last trip we took he woke everyone up at 2am just to tell us he couldnt sleep! lol hope the extra room prevents that.

With the DI&S you really don't need to wait for your tax refund. They have never required money up front when making the reservation for me.

I've booked there many times. To hold a reservation, all I do is give them a credit card number.

I look up the rates and dates on their website. Then I call to book the reservation. I prefer to book with a person over the phone. I don't trust my online reservation skills. Making a reservation for a Disneyland trip is to important.

If you wait you may find the rates increase.

Good luck

Geemo

Hojo also only requires a credit card number to keep on file when booking. I just booked a kids suite there for end of August. If booking there, use discount code LKMS FOR 15% off.

I just got a great deal at Best Western Park Place for the last week of September. Closer to the time we'll see what the onsite rates are, but I'll be quite happy if we end up across the street.

I just got a great deal at Best Western Park Place for the last week of September. Closer to the time we'll see what the onsite rates are, but I'll be quite happy if we end up across the street.

BW Park Place Inn and the Carousel Inn are absolutely the best locations you can get - directly across the cross walk. Also try looking at the Camelot Inn and the Tropicana, they are all really, really close too and have two-room family suites. If you want to go a little further down Harbour and across the corner on Ketella (a little further but still walkable and also with ART stops right out front) try the Portofino & Jolly Roger for VERY good pricing on family suites. There are lots of other choices along Harbour/Ketella that are worth checking out as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter