When should I book the hotel?

SandrainNC

DIS Veteran
We are planning a trip for Dec. 31, 2005 through Jan. 9. Should I go ahead and book it (and then of course watch for codes to come out)? Or is it too early. I have never stayed onsite before so I wasn't sure if it is way too early.

Thanks! Sandra

I am not sure if you can book more than a year in advance. But for a popular time like New Year's Eve, I'd get that ressie in stone ASAP. Sadly, since you're starting your stay during a peak time, the room price will be higher than if you arrived on 1/2/06 for example. Perhaps you should make the ressie for 12/31-1/2 right away, then book another one for the same resort starting 1/2 to get a better rate for the rest of your stay. Anyhow, I'd do the NYE ressie right away and maybe wait until the 10th to book the 1/2-1/9 dates. Also note that you are much more likely to get a code later on for the January dates than for the NYE weekend dates.

As the CM on the other end of the phone and tell them what you want to do. They can then facilitate the process and let you know how to get what you need. Good luck!

Thanks pumpkinboy! I was wondering about starting that reservation in peak season and then it going into value. I thought I had read that you get charged that first amount the entire time but couldn't remember where I read it. Everything says value season starts 1/1 so I might just plan to get there one day later or do as you said and get two separate reservations. Thanks!

Sandra

Does booking asap apply to any reservation, or just one for a peak/holiday time? If a cheaper rate for the same room gets announced after you book can you still get the new rate?

Brina

Good questions.
You can always CHANGE an existing reservation. We booked the ASmo 6 months in advance at one rate, then when a new Disney Visa rate came out about 2 months before departure date, they simply adjusted the amounts and we saved $$$$. They will send you a new invoice with the amounts listed.

NEVER cancel your reservation to do another one (unless you are moving to another resort). If you cancel, you may end up losing your dates and that is a very stressful situation to be in.
:cool1:

Book early...that's peak season and I wouldn't expect too many discounts. If any come out, you can change your ressies.

Brina said:
Does booking asap apply to any reservation, or just one for a peak/holiday time? If a cheaper rate for the same room gets announced after you book can you still get the new rate?

Brina

Hi Brina...I travel at off peak times and don't book way in advance. Usually 1-3 months. If you are traveling during the heavier times, book at least 6 mos ahead of time, especially if you want concierge.

If codes come out, call WDW and see if you can switch your ressies. Usually you can without any problem.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter