When Scrapping Your Disney Vacation...

I have had to start a new book with each trip because I have so many pages. ( about 60 in each album ).

Cyndi

We go twice a year and I use one album for each year, so two trips (plus any weekend trips) per album (we live close!).

I do an album for each trip, as they are usually pretty thick. Plus I do TWO albums for each trip.... so when DD and DS grow up and leave the nest, they each have their own albums to take. No wonder I am so slow!....................P

I have 2 books right now. One book has 2 trips in it and would love to squeeze a 3rd into it. Just depends how many pages I scrap.
I swear each trip I go on I want to come home and only scrap 1-2 page layout for each park or event...but then I get so many cute shots I end up scrapping more! We go ever year and it the pictures do pile up!
I also have pocket albums for all the pictures I dont' use.

I couldn't possibly combine trips. This past year I was so proud of myself that I made it into just one album.

Each trip gets its own book. Last trip needed two and this past one will need three. I have 800 pictures and they are all great.

some vacations are shorter and have less pix, so I put them into the family album and add other events from that year along with them. Others like Disney or Cancun have way too many shots for combining. So I do them seperately.

do you ever wonder if anyone will really appreciate them years from now. No matter I love them so much!

I am still on my first trip. I am on my second album for that trip. I started with 8/12x11. In the middle of it I switched to 12x12. I have bought several albums for my other trips, so I think that makes me a different album for each trip.

I did a CM album, 12x12 for our 10 day trip last March. It has about 45 pages in it.

For my long weekend away trip last October with my Mom, I just added the pages into my family album (about 12 or so pages).

For my upcoming trip, I plan on doing on 7x7 album with the new CM Mickey album...I will probably add a few refills packs to it for this one trip (since it's a smaller album).

For our trips to Disneyland, I just incorporate them into our family albums.

Originally posted by Pammy jo
I couldn't possibly combine trips. This past year I was so proud of myself that I made it into just one album.

ME TOO!! I had to research albums to find out which one would hold all of my pages. I finally decided on a CTMH album. It was a good choice and holds all of my pages (just over 100). It is a very heavy book and stands about 5 inches thick (the people at work measured it!) :earseek: I refer to it as "the masterpiece"! :sunny:

Originally posted by TonyS20
ME TOO!! I had to research albums to find out which one would hold all of my pages. I finally decided on a CTMH album. It was a good choice and holds all of my pages (just over 100). It is a very heavy book and stands about 5 inches thick (the people at work measured it!) :earseek: I refer to it as "the masterpiece"! :sunny:

Where can I get one of those albums!!! I currently have my December, 2003 trip in TWO albums because I have 110 pages scrapped!! I had them in one, and it broke because it was so heavy. I WANT THEM IN ONE!!! Mine are about five inches thick also! Any info you could give me would be appreciated!! Thanks! :hyper: :earseek: :jumping1:

Most of mine are actually in two books! I just finished our last 7 day cruise and it took 2 Dalee albums (which hold a lot!). But I take a lot of pictures and even not using them all....well you know! :p

Deb

Originally posted by disneyfreakjackie
Where can I get one of those albums!!! I currently have my December, 2003 trip in TWO albums because I have 110 pages scrapped!! I had them in one, and it broke because it was so heavy. I WANT THEM IN ONE!!! Mine are about five inches thick also! Any info you could give me would be appreciated!! Thanks! :hyper: :earseek: :jumping1:

I went to Close to My Heart and searched for a consultant in my area. The album I ordered was their imitation leather album (around $40). I ordered extenders and page protectors (they are very good and a true 12x12). I believe it took 3 extenders per peg (3 per book) to get it the right size.

To help keep the spine in place, my DH glued the bottom part. The top part is free to slide around as people look at it. It is sturdy - I have taken it to work to show everyone, taken it to Christmas parties and to my parents and in-laws. It still looks like it is brand new! :teeth:

So far, I've always taken so many pictures that each trip has required its own album. And they're always reallllly thick, LOL!!

I love reading all these great ideas. I was feeling as though I was not a good scrapper...I couldn't get all my pictures in my "Vacation Album"...OK, that does it...A new book for each trip. Where will I put them all?LOL!!!:teeth:

I typically have a new book for each trip. For the 1997/1998 trips I used one book, but that's because I had plenty of room. But for 1999, 2002, and 2003 I have separate books.

It's more fun this way ;)

I think part of the fun is picking out a new book for each trip. This year, I had already ordered a red 12X12 (for my family) and the green 7X7 with the Disney snap pack (for my mom & dad) when I saw the new album by CM. Bummer!

I have 227 digital pics plus about 15 pics from Shutters on the cruise. Do you think I can get these into one book or will I need two?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter