When it rains...

kapoof

DIS Veteran
Just curious, what do you do when it rains? Are the pools still open? Do you stay in your room? We were lucky on our cruise it was the first time it had not rained at either Nassau, nor cast away cay in quite awhile. It got me thinking...what do you do when the weather acts up?

We enjoy all the activities on the ship. We never do the pools. Always off doing an activity, movie, spa, bingo.

We had a port day (Cozumel) on a rainy day and they handed out free adult and youth sized rain ponchos (with the Disney logo) as we disembarked.

We will go to a lounge, the movies, trivia games, relax in room (which we never seem to do when the weather is nice). We will spend some time in Cove Café...especially on the Wonder with the two story Cove Café with the great viewing windows!! As long as it is not lightening out I believe the pools stay open.

MJ

It rained on the Magic on our sea day. The pools stayed open. We did the AquaDunk and Twist n Spout (we were already wet so why not?!) and then went inside and did trivia/pub quiz etc. there is always something to do!

I wish that on the Magic the sports deck where the ping pong tables were was completely enclosed. We were playing ping pong when the rain started and the rain sadly gets in there. :(

Out of 9 cruises with DCL, I can only think of 2 rain days. One was our very first day of our first DCL cruise ever and the other was Norway. DCL still held the sail away party on deck & they left Disney ponchos in our cabin for the Norway day. Being hardcore WDW tourers, we just pull up our boot straps and go with it! I imagine pools are open as long as it is not bad weather. Disney provides so many opportunities for fun that I imagine you wouldn't even know it was raining.

It rained on me a couple of time during a cruise and the pools remained open for a while until the heavy stuff starting pouring. It didn't last long but they are so many other things to do besides going to the pool or staying in your stateroom. You can go to the movies, depending on the ship you can play the Midship Detective Adventure and/or enjoy the interactive artwork around the ship. You can also check out your daily navigator for all sorts of other activities, characters meets, crafts, etc.

On rainy days, they will add activities to keep you entertained. They will usually print out an updated one page Navigator with the changes offered.

It rained on our sea day and they closed the pools. It may have been because there was lightening in the area. (We did see a water spout far off)
We did Mouse Detective at a leisurely pace, stopped at shops, watched Diaper Derby, had a snack at Vista Café. We relaxed in our room for a while and when we saw it stopped raining, we went to the pools where it was nearly empty as other people hadn't noticed yet. ;)
You'd find plenty to do. Don't worry.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter