When is your Spring Break? Super-Comprehensive Poll!!!

When is YOUR Spring Break in 2005?

• We don't get Spring Break!

• February 27-March 5

• March 6-12

• March 13-19

• March 20-26 - week leading up to Easter Day

• March 27-April 2 - week following Easter Day

• April 3-9

• April 10-16

• April 17-23

• April 24-30

• May 1-7

• Other/Not Listed

Results are only viewable after voting.
Nice poll jcemom.

I voted March 13-19 which is spring break for DS1 at Notre Dame.

Would have also voted for March 20-26 which is our DDs at U of IL.

Most schools in DuPage County, IL...suburbs of Chicago are off March 27-April 2.

Don't worry about not having a "perfect" poll. I don't think they exist on the DIS. Your poll is very good for giving folks an idea on how crowded it may be at WDW during those months and is useful viewing for anyone going even if they can't vote.;)

Originally posted by sammy66
February 21-25 and April 18-22 for us. I can't figure out how to vote. :earsboy: :earsgirl:
Hmmm...I would probably vote for the April dates. I guess I shouldn't have included the February dates because that would be considered more of a winter break. :confused: I didn't know there were winter and spring breaks as we don't get any breaks!

This is a really interesting thread. Being a travel agent I have to know when Spring Break is for the county we live in as well as several surrounding counties. PLUS all of the private schools! I am always getting calls from clients wanting to go somewhere during Spring Break if they're taking their kids or NOT during Spring Break if they aren't! I pretty much tell my clients that Spring Break begins anywhere from mid/late Feb for the college students all the way to late April for public schools. Then the next question is when is "gay week at Disney?" or "when is hurricane season?" ....it's never a dull moment in the travel industry!
Thanks for a great thread!
Karen........aka TN Traveler

Keep in mind a lot of Florida schools cancelled/ moved Spring break this year because of all the HuRRiCaneS (sorry, whenver I type that word I get a nervous tick).

For example. my universities original Spring break was schedueld for March 17, and now it has been moved to the 23rd.

Bumping up because I think this is a great poll. I'm also glad to see that our trip dates of March 2-12 don't look like the busy Spring Break!

I voted for March 27 - April 2, but my kids also have the Thurs. and Fri. before Easter off, so theirs actually goes from March 24-April 2.

We get 2 weeks - the week BEFORE & AFTER Easter, so I checked "other"

Very interesting that most people seem to have the week after Easter, I thought from the other spring break post, that I was as doomed this year as last with the crowds, I may be pleasantly surprised this year.

Lets bump this poll to page one every now and then.

Good poll...Thanks

They call it Mid Winter break as most of lower part of Michigan (Detroit sub) get either President week (3rd week in Feb this year) or like our school the 2nd week in Feb off. We also get a week and 3 days at Easter too though.

We will be at Disney 2-12 and I hope it is not cold like last year.

;)

Ours is really odd this year....

The kids are out March 23 for a Staff Development Day, then March 24-28 for Easter/Spring Holiday. However, their official "Spring Break" is only one day! LOL April 22.

I guess I posted on the other thread...

Dallas Independent Schools are out March 14-18. There will also be a 4 day weekend March 25-28 if we don't need our snow days. Last year we had snow on Valentine's Day, so we could still see some weather severe enough to close the schools and make the snow days necessary.

MaryKatesMom said:
I voted other because our school only gives the Thurs, Fri and Monday around Easter. Not a full week but it is a spring break.:wave:

That's all we have off too.

I couldn't decided between 'we don't get a spring break' and "other'. I picked other because we have Good Friday and Easter Monday off and that is it. Our district really limits time off during the school year. Most of the schools in our state go into June, many of them to mid-June. We get out May 27th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter