• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When is your Spring Break 2017?

When is Spring Break 2017 scheduled for in your neck of the woods?

• March 20-24

Votes: 27 14.8%
  • March 27-31

Votes: 22 12.0%
  • April 3-7

Votes: 30 16.4%
  • April 10-14

Votes: 29 15.8%
  • April 17-21

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • Something other than these weeks

Votes: 17 9.3%
  • March 13-17

Votes: 36 19.7%
  • April 24-28

Votes: 3 1.6%

• Total voters

KristinU

DIS Veteran
Given that Easter lands in April in 2017, I'm guessing the various spring breaks might line up a bit more than in past years causing pretty big crowds, so time for a poll...

I don't even have kids but think this is a great idea to help people planning trips in Spring 2017. I looked up the local school district's break and cast my vote.

I've got two kids at two different schools. One spring break is 3/6-3/10 and the other is 4/10-4/18

I accidentally voted for the first week you have down for March, but ours is actually the week before that.

Houston Texas ISD Spring Break 2017 is March 13-17 (the second full week of March)
Schools in the Dallas area have Spring Break March 13-17. (Edited to correct the dates!)

Last edited:

My husband works for a charter school in MN - they can pick the week based on what the teachers want. Ours is the first full week of March (begins on the 6th). It's nice since most schools are not off that early and we can still find deals on flights and hotels before the crowds really hit. Most MN schools are staggered from mid-March through Easter (usually). We are hoping to go to Europe in 2017! Fingers crossed. This year we went to SoCal and did a day at DLR. Fun!

My kids are in college , but the local parish has Mardi Gras break from 2/27-3/3. With a late Mardi Gras, that is going to overlap with spring or ski breaks I bet.

Spring Break is super weird this year- Thursday-Tuesday April 13-18.

I had no idea until now, LOL, I just looked it up and cast my vote...not that is really matters to me, bc we don't go to Disney during our schools spring break, lol...next year we are going middle March hoping it will be cooler, lol

Apr 10-14, upstate SC. Really good idea for this pole! I really had no idea there were so many variances until i started getting on these boards. Good info for planning, hope you get lots of responses!

My district is April 10-17 to encompass both Passover and Easter. My kids go to Catholic school though and are off the week after Easter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter