• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When is your Spring Break 2011?

dr&momto2boys

DIS Veteran
It would be helpful to know from people what the pattern is for their spring break--for instance "always last week in March regardless of Easter" or "always week before/after Easter."

With Easter being April 24th next year, I'm having a hard time figuring out when to plan my trip (with APs expiring May 6th.)

When is your Spring Break?

How do you make a poll?

Our school system spring break has ALWAYS been the week after Easter. But next year, Easter is so late that having it the week after Easter will interfere with testing, so spring break will be the last week of March.

Our school system spring break has ALWAYS been the week after Easter. But next year, Easter is so late that having it the week after Easter will interfere with testing, so spring break will be the last week of March.

Ahhh, very helpful! Thank you!

Where I am in NJ, our Spring Break is usually based on when Passover is too. This year the kids go back the day after Easter Sunday because Passover is the week before. Hope this helps with your planning.

ours is the first week of april, or if april first falls mid week it is the week that is march/april split.

my district hasn't released our calendar for next year yet. :headache: I'm trying to plan a Disney trip as well and I have no idea when spring break will be. My sister, who is also a teacher, is coming and her spring break was already decided. It will be the week before Easter.

I am in Northern VA (Prince William County schools). I just looked at the schedule for our local public school system and this year, and next year, spring break is the week BEFORE Easter. I'm pretty sure I remember it being that way previous years as well.

However, I have children in our parish school (private, religious) and spring break is always the week AFTER Easter.

HTH :)

Thanks for the chuckle this morning! My first thought when I read this was Next Year!!! I don't even know for sure when it is this year. :rotfl:

Spring Break in our area is traditionally the Friday before Easter and then the week after. But if next year is anything like this year, our kids will lose the majority of their Spring Break to make up snow days.

Thanks for the chuckle this morning! My first thought when I read this was Next Year!!! I don't even know for sure when it is this year. :rotfl:

I don't know when it is THIS year either! :lmao: NEXT year is way more important right now, because we're planning a Disney trip! ;)

Disclaimer: Just in case someone takes this wrong--No, I don't think Disney is more important than Jesus. It just doesn't matter to me which weekend Easter falls this year as I know my MIL will have brunch after church as usual. I may have to run out and get the kids some fancier clothes. Otherwise business as usual.

Ours is the last week of March-always is regardless of when Easter is. This is for Lake county IL.

New Hampshire usually does the last week on April but I don't know about next year with Easter being so late :confused3 Our school district has not come out with next year's calendar yet but I sure hope it is done before I go down on April 23rd so I can book a bounce-back offer for the first time :yay:

In Oregon, spring break is always the last week of March.

In our school district here(and probably most of North Carolina), spring break is always the week before or the week after Easter. I hate it because unless we want to take the kids out of school, we have no choice but to get stuck with Easter crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter