When is your last day of school in 2004?

Thanks for asking - my last day of grad school should be around June 24 :D

In CT, the last day is generally during the 3rd week in June, for public schools. I think most private schools (a lot of them here) have approximately the same calendar.

Schools begin around Labor day. The kids don't all start the same time, takes about a week to get them all back.

Last day for Memphis city schools is May 21st plus inclement weather days; last day for county schools is May 27th plus inclement weather days.

In this part of NC it will be May 19th and last year they would not add the snow days to the end of the year they took Spring Break away!

In Corvallis Oregon we get out June 10, 2004. For us, it's not the snow days that I'm worrying about changing our last day of school, but budget problems cutting the year short (like last year). :confused:

I think you can count on most of Texas to be out right before Memorial Day. Over the last decade, schools were starting earlier and earlier, so about 2 years ago the state legislature passed a law saying that public schools could not start before a certain date (I think it's the week that includes August 22nd) without a special waiver.

By the way, excellent thread! I knew that the Northeast and West coast got out quite a bit after Memorial Day, but I didn't know that much of the south gets out even earlier than we do in Texas.

My daughter is in private school here in Maryland. I got her school calendar and there last day of school is slated for June 4th depending on how well the weather treats us this winter.

Here in the western suburbs of Chicago the last day of school is scheduled for June 11.

i'm not going to post it for fear of jinxing myself with a lot of snow days- The Farmer's Almanac is predicting a long snowy winter for New England:eek: At least I know we can't go past July 1st:rolleyes:

June 11th for us south of San Francisco, CA. Most of the bay area is around the same time.

Our last day in the very Tristate corner of PA (Matamoras) is June 11. I am hoping to head for WDW on the 12th!

I just got our 03-04 school schedule today. (we are in WNY). Our school is set to be out on 6/18 ( we don't start until 9/4 though). Just a note though. Our school is starting a new vacation schedule this year. We are off the entire week of Thanksgiving (unlike in the past). So it may be a new trend around here. We were one of only a handful of schools in our area last year to take a week break in February. Now, over 90% of the school's in this area are doing it this year.

In Ascension Parish, South Louisiana, my son's last day (high school) is May 20 and my daughter's is May 21st. We're thinking about maybe trying to go that week (week before Memorial Day) if we think it might not be quite as crowded at Thanksgiving Week in 2004.:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter