When is your kids Spring Break 2016?

alldiz

DIS Veteran
Hi,

Next year school break is weird. We have a long weekend for Easter Break, Fri-Mon.
And we have off Passover week. Week of April 25th.

I just booked a Disney cruise for the April week and it was much cheaper($2000) than Easter week. Which was A NICE surprise.:worship::yay:pixiedust:

I think DCL will raise prices if they realize a lot of people are off that week:rolleyes1
It already went up $300 in the day I was contemplating booking:headache:
Kerri

I think the 20-27 of March again, it's usually that weekend anyway. We're in central FL. Does Spring Break get canceled in places that have missed a lot of school for snow?

I think the 20-27 of March again, it's usually that weekend anyway. We're in central FL. Does Spring Break get canceled in places that have missed a lot of school for snow?
We get some snow days built in. But we have lost some days in the past.
Some districts here lost their february break. We start before labor day so we got to keep it.
Kerri

My son came home with the news the other day. No spring break next year! We get 2 long weekends instead. One for Easter March 24, 25 and one for Passover April 22 and 25.

My son came home with the news the other day. No spring break next year! We get 2 long weekends instead. One for Easter March 24, 25 and one for Passover April 22 and 25.

Wow. I feel really lucky. Weird. Long Island has all different breaks next year.

Mine starts on Monday (college). My son's is March 30 - April 7. We live in SW Florida.

When I was growing up our Spring Break was never cancelled for snow days. They tacked on extra days at the end of the year or made us go on other days like the teacher in service days.

Talked to the President of our Little League. Between the public , private for profit, Catholic, Seventh Day Adventist, and Montessori schools they have kids on spring break every week from March 2 through April 23. So they will do the usual, no games scheduled the week before Easter, and if any team cannot field a team any other week due to the kids being on spring break vacation, they will be allowed to reschedule the game without penalty. When I was a kid, spring break was always the week before easter for the public schools, and the week after for Catholic.

Not released yet, but normally it's just a long weekend around Easter.

My Daughter is in Private, they get two weeks, and almost NO days off (ped days) during the year.. It is always the last week of February, and the First week of March.. Haven't used a Snow day in forever, we add them in as extras..

Not released yet, but normally it's just a long weekend around Easter.
So your kid(s) don't have a set calendar of days off? How far in advance are you notified when days off are?

Edited: Disregard that. I just noticed the 2016 in the title of this post. Neither my nor my son's dates have been released yet for next year. Oops.

Last edited:
My children's school district never has a "spring break". They have off the Thursday, Friday, and Monday surrounding Easter.

My daughter's college spring break is usually the first week of March. In 2016, that's 2/29 - 3/6. They get no time off for Easter.

:confused3

we usually have the week after easter off but we often don't have easter vacation if we get a lot of snow and go over the seven snow days we get

So your kid(s) don't have a set calendar of days off? How far in advance are you notified when days off are?

Edited: Disregard that. I just noticed the 2016 in the title of this post. Neither my nor my son's dates have been released yet for next year. Oops.
the 15-16 calendar has not come out yet for a lot of schools in the northeast

Well, my dd is a senior in HS at the moment so her spring break will be for her college which is March 7-11th.

Her HS has break listed for March 11-18th of 2016.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter