When is Your FAVORITE Time to Go?

Went last yr in Dec 3-11 and the weather was just Awesome!! Loved Xmas decorations. Crowds not bad at all. Buses fairly ood, except you know at closing, then a little hectic..

Oh the buses are chaotic after closing, especially after a fireworks display. I always sit for about a half hour and people watch then slowly make my way to the bus stop. By that time it was cleared out nicely.:)

Ideal situation would be where it is quiet enough that there's room to move, but at the same time, I don't want it too quiet as you need some crowds to get the right atmosphere. I quite like the end of August. If crowds were about 10% less (and about 50% less in Universal due to their terrible queue management.

So I am LOVINGG all of the Octobers.. I Think that is when we will try next year!

I visited in the first week of October for my first adult visit. I am giving January a shot just to see the difference, even though rides will be down I am going to take in some of the smaller things I pass over in the rush to get to the big rides.

Are the main rides (Splash/Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Rockin Rollercoaster) going to be down during this time? What type of ride closures do they have?

Because my wife works at a school and is limited on when she can take time off, we've found July is the best time to go. It sure is hot and busy, especially with the BTGs, but we love going and can't wait to be back in just two weeks!!

Late March is our absolute favorite. The weather was mild, humidity low, and parks were open very late. September ( multiple trips) was very hot and humid. November was either hot and humid or freezing rain. February was either freezing or hot; I don't remember the humidity but it wasn't as nice as late March.

I retired today and am looking forward to going whenever I want! :cool1: We've been in September, October, November and January. September was too hot, October perfect, November nice, January was cold! This fall we're going in late October through early November. Fingers crossed for warm, not oppressive weather!

First 2 weeks of December. I LOVE Christmas stuff, low/moderate crowds and we have always lucked out with great weather.

I retired today and am looking forward to going whenever I want! :cool1: We've been in September, October, November and January. September was too hot, October perfect, November nice, January was cold! This fall we're going in late October through early November. Fingers crossed for warm, not oppressive weather!

:jumping1: CONGRATS!!!!! :jumping1:

I hope you enjoy your Vacations!!!

We went in mid-October for the first time last year and loved it. It's our new favorite time to visit by far. The weather is actually nice, the crowds are light (except for Epcot World Showcase), and so much is happening. The Food & Wine Festival was great and MNSSHP was a blast. We have been in Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, June, July, Oct, and Dec. now and if I could pick any month to go again I would definitely pick October.

Easier to say when don't I like to go.......June through August!!! My favorite times to go? Love Sept with the low crowds, but it's still really hot/humid. Mid-Oct is terrific, but park hours can be shortened sometimes. But you have Food and Wine going on at Epcot! Late November is terrific...weather is usually good and Christmas stuff goes up around Thanksgiving. That first week in Dec has historically been a good time, but it's getting more and more busy every year. Mid-Jan is okay, same with Feb. Late March is nice with the Flower and Garden Festival, into April.

Early December. I love all the Christmas decor & the MVMCP. I would like to go to MNSSHP sometime though. And I would also like to experience Feb or March eventually. I'll stay away from the summer months though!

When we first started going we always made it a point to try and go either mid-November right before the week leading up to Thanksgiving, or during the time period of the first two weeks of December right after Thanksgiving.

Unfortunately it looks as though a lot of others are now getting that idea as well and we've noticed a significant rise in the crowds during those two time periods. It's still relatively manageable, but we have to do a bit more planning than normal now.

With DD going into high school now it will be a bit harder now trying to coordinate a time other than summer break, but I'm determined to try.

If I had to pick one time period it would be mid-november to mid-december for all the Christmas displays and activities.

If I could go anytime of the year, I would go in late September (we don't, like most people, because of school). Low crowds, low prices, and still summer temperatures (because I just love swimming comfortably at night!).

for us, it's during the F&W!

have been in june, august, september, october, november and december

but our favorite time is definitely in october during F&W!!

We have been twice Thanksgiving week and once week after xmas thru NYE. I love the decorations and holiday feeling. We will defiantly be going back for NYE in the futrue since DH company gives them the week off. We are trying first week in April this year. We have to work around 3 DDs schedule and I would melt in the summer humidity.:beach:

... what is the weather like then? I always thought it'd still be pretty hot in October, so have been avoiding it. Thanks for any insight into this!

And, for someone who earlier in the thread mentioned late January: I used to go in early January a lot. I loved it then. There was no one there, the weather could be cold but it rarely rained, and the prices were the lowest. Then they started the Disney Marathon and that killed the beginning of January, crowdishly speaking!

So this past year I went in the last week of January. Never again. It was cold and raining almost the entire trip. I realize it's the luck of the draw, but it's hard to believe it'd be cold and raining more than maybe a day the 2nd week in December, for example. And, to make things worse, it was crowded. Not Christmas week crowded, but there were a TON of people there, which shocked me. No walk-on E-ticket rides, FP+ necessary for everything we wanted to do and not wait an hour for. Very disappointing. And my last end-of-January trip.

And many thanks to all the posters on this thread, which of course has just scratched my Disney itch!

Sept and Oct, hands down. Fall is my favorite season, we even got married in Oct (and honeymooned at WDW). I don't find it to be hot in the fall, more mild...but then again I grew up in FL and later went to college in the South, so my version of "hot" is different from those not used to humid heat. The decorations and low crowds are a win-win for me.

Christmas time would be my other favorite time, especially since decorations go up in November, meaning you can still avoid the high crowds right around Christmas and New Years.

This thread has made me so excited to go in October this year!!! I was nervous. I love December for the Xmas decorations, and loved January for the cool temps, and low crowds. October seems to have it all! Can't wait! See you 10-21, Mickey!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter