When is your areas 2012 Fall Break?

This past fall my son's elementary school (and the rest of the district) had a fall break and had the first week of October off. I live in Nor Cal about 500 miles (little over) from DLR. I go to college in the same area and we had no break. I never had a fall break growing up in the bay area of N. Cal so I have no idea if it is common or not up in the north part of the state.

OK, so we're not in a neighboring state, but time off for the schools here in Minnesota are determined by the individual districts. However, October 18 and 19 are a rare instance where ALL the schools in the state are closed.
I don't know how many Minnesotans head to Disneyland during that period, but I thought I'd chime in FWIW.

Over Exageration.

None of those Fall Break days are as bad as a weekend.

But a weekend that falls near a Fall Break is a nightmare!!! Our first Halloween Party was last October 22, a Saturday, around the UT and AZ fall breaks. We could barely move from one side of the park to the other. The crowds during the day were a lot worse than when we were there yesterday - a summer weekday, and comparable to when we were there Jan. 3 during the Christmas/New Year's crowd.

No fall break for us up here in the Lower Mainland of BC... we don't start our school year until the first week of September much like I read one Oregon member post.

We have our Thanksgiving break in October fwiw which should fall around the first weekend in October ( 08 Oct )

No fall break here either. I am in Seattle where neighboring school districts start dates vary from the day after labor day to the following week (I am in the next district over and we start Mon the 10th- we actually will be in DL from the 1st to 8th :)

I don't know any districts around in Western WA that start before labor day unless they are private schools.Our late starts mean no break till a 3 day weekend for Veteran's day, then T-day :)

There is a large school district in San Jose that will have a break from Oct. 1-5. I think there will be a group that head down there, but nothing that would cause a crowd.

I checked a few school districts in Arizona and I'm getting a mix of dates between the 8th and the 19th.

Our fall break here in AZ is from October 8th-12th....we plan to be in the parks Oct. 9th-11th. :-)

I'm in San Jose. The only school with a Fall break I've ever heard of was my niece/nephews school district in Monterey (Seaside, I think).

There is a large school district in San Jose that will have a break from Oct. 1-5. I think there will be a group that head down there, but nothing that would cause a crowd.

Yes I know a lot of people who will be heading down this week! I will be jumping on a cruise...I don't want to run into any kids from work;)

I live in a little town about 70 miles south of Tucson and our Fall break is 10/8-10/12. We will be at DLR between 10/7-10/11! Can't wait!!

Chelsea

West of Phoenix Fall break is the 8th thru the 12th!! We will be there the 6th thru the 10th!!!

:)

We are trying to plan for a Halloween season trip and I would like to know when all the California and surrounding states 2012 Fall Break's happen?

I know here in Utah there is one October 18th & 19th.

Please post away to help one another better plan our trips out...

Thanks in advance!

We are NOWHERE near you but thought I would post just for fun!!:rotfl2:
Up here in the great white north - because its usually white by then :faint: -
we don't really have fall break - just a day off in October for Thanksgiving and 2 days off in November for Remembrance Day and a day off in lieu for parent/teacher interviews.::yes::Thats it for us, AND no holiday for us at that time - its hockey season!!:headache:

Only one of the many districts that I know of in Colorado Springs has fall break and it's a 2 week break from Oct 13-28. We will be at Disneyland Oct 21-23.

Looks like the majority of fall breaks fall in the first 2 weeks of October. Disneyland in October will be fun, hopefully the crowds are really as low as TP say they are going to be those 3 days and we can ride many rides. We are planning on going to DL on Tuesday which is a halloween party day but anticiapte very low crowds there since the park is closing early. We have to drive back down to San Diego that night so it works out fine for us.

Our district in Ventura (about 2 hours north) has the week of October 22-29.

All schools are closed in the state of Montana Oct 18th-19th for teacher conferences.

We are going to be in San Diego 13th 14th and hitting Disneyland 15th-19th.

Is this October supposed to be busier that previous Octobers?
:confused3:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter