• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When is the spring break crowd the worst?

puzzles

Mouseketeer
Typically which week in mid to late March/early April will the Spring Break crowd be the worst? My parents (70s) are planning a trip (kind of last minute) but they want to go to in March or early April. I'm trying to help them pick the least crowded time to go. The earliest they could go is March 14 and the latest they can come back is April 12.

Please give me your suggestions for a week timeframe sometime in there. The main concern is crowd levels.

thanks!

The week before and after Easter will be the busiest. The earlier in March you can go, the better. But keep in mind that many schools will have the week of March 14th off. I know my kids will. It won't be as bad as Easter week, so we will be in WDW March 13-20!

I agree, Easter week is the WORST as far as crowds.

We will be there the week of March 8th. I can't wait.:thumbsup2

We've been there 3 spring breaks now...(4th this year)...I think the week where Good Friday and Easter falls is always the worst. Although we've only gone once at that time (last year) and it was crazy crowded.

Although I have to say, IF you have a plan, yuo can still have a wonderful vacation. We planned for it to be crazy busy, and still did all we wanted to do. So many of the spring breakers just don't plan like the Dis-boarders do....Remember at any one "peak" time - YOU (meaning any of us here on the boards) as leaps & bounds ahead of the general not so well informed folks....

Shot in the dark....but, does anyone think that this year the week before Easter won't be as crowded as usual due to the economy??

I just got a pin code, and my kids are off school that week, so I'd love to go -would not love the usual crowds though. Any thoughts???

No one knows for sure.I do know that Disney is pulling out discounts left and right, and lots of people are taking advantage of them.

No one knows for sure.I do know that Disney is pulling out discounts left and right, and lots of people are taking advantage of them.

That's what makes me think they might not be as busy as usual - I didn't think they usually did these deep discounts around Easter, but I could be wrong....

Just for fun, I also checked our dates (4/4-4/9) on the website, and every resort still has availability. That seems odd to me - I would think if it's going to be "crazy busy" then at least some of the resorts would be sold out by now.

Again, I know I'm probably wishful thinking....:)

That's what makes me think they might not be as busy as usual - I didn't think they usually did these deep discounts around Easter, but I could be wrong....

Just for fun, I also checked our dates (4/4-4/9) on the website, and every resort still has availability. That seems odd to me - I would think if it's going to be "crazy busy" then at least some of the resorts would be sold out by now.

Again, I know I'm probably wishful thinking....:)

I can tell you that a whole lot of high schools stay off-site. dd is going with band and there's 200 of them staying offsite, ditto for another local school.

The weeks before and after are the worst but manageable if you have a good plan.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=25937853#post25937853&highlight=

I'm not sure the economy is keeping too many people away. While there aren't too many discounts for those exact weeks--there are still people and parts of the country where the economy has not gone as bad as in other parts of the country. Plus there are the people who have been saving and planning for just this trip and will still take it. The crowds may be slightly smaller than previous years but I don't think anything like post 9/11 travel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter