When is the lowest fares

JLitfin

love Disney
I have a dummy cruise which I'm going to move into 2015. What time of year offers the lowest fares for cruising? I'm thinking about February or early December.

i think your looking at october november and early december. i sailed feb once and the cost was double what we pay for october.

We have cruised in August, October, December and February.

February was the cheapest but October was not too far behind and it was by far the best month we have cruised. I wouldn't choose February again but would love to go on another October.:thumbsup2

i just went to the dcl site and compared feb to oct. it ranges from $200 to $600 (approximately) in price difference with oct being the winner.
just go to the dcl site and compare times your looking at. it would give you an idea at least.

cheapest I have seen is Sept. IGT on Fantasy for $525....I just wonder if that can be beat?

Tooth Fairy said:
cheapest I have seen is Sept. IGT on Fantasy for $525....I just wonder if that can be beat?

Wow. Just wow. Is that 2013? I'm going to keep my eyes open after the election next yr. I have a 4 Day Magic booked in May but my dream is to get on Fantasy for a 7 day. We can't take any more time or $$ this yr (2 cruises and wdw trips already) but I can see a few weeks notice if we saw a 7 day rate like that, my honey saying snatch it and work, we will be seein ya! That's like what we paid for Carnival Dream...

Yes it was the Sept 28 2013 sailing. Sure wish I could have dropped everything to go....maybe one day when we retire;)

Last year for the last September sailing on the Fantasy the VGT rate was about $2800 for 2a, 2c. I about DIED that we couldn't snag it. Such an awesome deal.

there are a TON of IGT dates between now and 12/7 on the fantasy ranging between about $3100 for four people in an inside stateroom to $3500 for a veranda room.

It doesn't get much better than that.

Basically, any time school is in session. Also, note that the southern states end school in May and start mid August. He northern states go from Labor Day till mid June.

September is hurricane season and hence many avoid it - hence lower price. Dec-Feb can be chilly in the Bahamas, but Caribbean is still nice and balmy. Water is choppy though.

Avoid, presidents week, easter week before and after, Halloween, thanksgiving, xmas, New Years.

What is a IGT rate? I've seen these abbreviations and don't know what the heck it is!

It stands for Inside guarantee. It is a special last minute rate that Disney offers on some cruises to boost sales. There can also be OGT and VGT (oceanview guarantees and verandah guarantees. These rates come with MANY restrictions.

There is a good explanation thread of these rates compared to regular GTY rates at the top of the forum as a sticky thread. Here is the link

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2914256

MJ

Thanks everyone, we talked tonight and decided to go in February, 2015 my DH doesn't want to go in the Fall, because of hurricane season. I would like to go in early December to see the holiday decorations, but he would rather go in February in order to travel to some warmer weather. Now I just have to wait until the 2015 schedule is released.

We love late april , early May... We went late april for 2 a 2 c for 2100 on a 4 night dream cruise and we have may 2014 for 2a 1c for 1600.00 for the same cruise. Its cheaper then the same times for the park. I booked 1 yr in advance for both

We are booked four day Magic on 5/5. Living on the gulf coast for 5 yrs thru Ivan, Katrina and many more, I won't cruise June-Nov. Its one thing to hunker down at home with some chili while a storm goes over head (like last night) but planning your once or twice a yr vacation, no way. We cruise late Feb-May. Water is a bit chilly but ambient weather is stunning. And WDW isn't too hot and miserable either. Spring is great to cruise! And it gives me something to look forward to all winter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter