When is the Best time to go to Disney!!??

happymommy1102

Earning My Ears
Hello! I just got back from disney today with my two kids and well we usually go in sept,but we had to go in aug due to school with my oldest. During the trip the hubby and I got to talking and decided it wouldn't be so bad to take our oldest out of school for a week to go. SO... my question is when is a better time to go, right after thanksgiving or after christmas in Jan? Now I know that the parks won't be completely empty but I heard that these are extremely slow times. Any truth to this??!!!
Thanks!!! :goodvibes

This year we are going Nov 8-15th.....Low Crowds, Low Heat, Christmas Decorations! (Although for the first time ever, no Osborne Lights!:eek: ) We've gone every year at this time for the last 4 years. We've been in June, WHAT WAS I THINKIN?:scared1: We've tried October- STILL too HOT!:sad2:
Early November is perfect. (but make sure it's after Jersey Week!:scared1: )

Does anyone know how it would be the week of Christmas. (19th-26th) I know that Christmas day & the day after would be crazy but what about the rest of the days leading up to Christmas? :confused:

Our favorite times to go are Feb-March. We have been going the last few years in January for marathon weekend.....so I would pick January compared to Nov-Dec. The crowds are alot smaller. You might want to check what events are happening while you are there. I know that marathon weekend can be kinda full. Also in January is some kind of cheerleading competition.

Have a great time!!!

In my opinion January is the best time to go. The crowds are very low, there is little rain, and there is low heat. The only problem may be that you have some very cool days, or especially nights. The whether that we have had the past 3 years in late January has ranged from low 60s to 80 during the day, and 50s to 70 (occassionaly in the 40s) at night. You just need to pack for a couple of different possibilities (shorts, jeans, t shirts, sweatshirts, etc).

Its also a nice thing to look forward too after the holidays are over.

We love May and used to loveOctober but have heard that lately it's insane. This time we're going in November the 7th through 10th, can't swing any longer because both of our girls and DDs BFF are all in Middle school now and it's too hard to catch back up. As it is, our wonderful state is doing the Veterans Day holiday on Tuesday, so they will miss Friday and Monday. They are also getting the Tuesday of the prior week for election day (huh?)

Hello! I just got back from disney today with my two kids and well we usually go in sept,but we had to go in aug due to school with my oldest. During the trip the hubby and I got to talking and decided it wouldn't be so bad to take our oldest out of school for a week to go. SO... my question is when is a better time to go, right after thanksgiving or after christmas in Jan? Now I know that the parks won't be completely empty but I heard that these are extremely slow times. Any truth to this??!!!
Thanks!!! :goodvibes

DW and I went for 3days, 4 nights in the first week of Dec. Crowds were very light, but the humidity was off the scale. Full Christmas decor in all 4 theme parks, and the of course MVMCP was also running. Make sure that you do a candlelight dinner package, as even durring this slow time, We got in line for the show about 1 hour before it started and the line stretched all the way from America to Morroco. By the time the show started the line went all the way to France. Can't begin to image how it is during Christmas week.

I have a friend that is a CM, and he reports that MK gets to capacity almost every day the week before Christmas.

If you just got back yesterday, that was about as slow as it gets. Really, we have never seen the place so quiet. We have done Oct, Nov, Dec. Nothing has been nearly as quiet as last week/ last weekend was.

Now that I think more about it:

:dance3: :dance3: Any time is the best time to go to Disney!:dance3: :dance3:

I am trying to figure this out for my next trip. I know June, July, August, and September are out because of the heat. December, April, & May are too crowded. So I guess that leaves me with January through March. :scared1: Oh yeah, but March starts spring break/peak season..so...January through mid February is my ideal time? :scared1:

Actually May is not that crowded and the weather is pretty close to perfect. We have gone almost every year when school dismissed here in GA(missed this year because we were there in January) and the crowds are very manageable

I have been in January, March, April, June, July, October, and November.

I I could pick the best month it would be October. But I cannot get off of work then so we have settled in for Jersey Week. Which by the way we never found to be crowded.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter