When is the best time of year to go?

3xthecharm

Desperately awaiting Disney!
We are DSs 10 and 9, DD 5, DH, my mom and me. We homeschool, so school is not a concern. We do not do well in high heat or humidity.

When is the best time to go for low crowds and temperatures just warm enough to try a water park for the first time?

We are going early November this year. It's pre-Thanksgiving/holiday so low crowds, but still warm enough for water parks. We went late Sept. in '04 and while it was not crowded at all, it was hot! Reached lower 90s during the day.

May is supposed to be nice, too, although I've never been at that time of year.

We just came back from Disney a month ago and I thought that the weather was pretty good except for 2 days that were down right chilly!

Having also been to WDW in december, I think it is also a pretty good choice as long as you go early in december. We got pretty warm days during our visit and I did see people going to the water parks. The bonus in december is that you get to see all the beautiful decorations....

I would say for a good balance of nice weather (not too hot) and low crowds October through early November would be ideal.

We think October is absoultely the best month to go to Disney

I would say the first two weeks of December. It is not crowded and there simply is nothing like the holidays at WDW

we are going nov 29th- dec 4th. the christmas decorations are beautiful and mvmcp is alot of fun. however i will miss goin in october. october has been the best time yet for out family. just avoid the holiday in oct due to crowds. mnsshp was a blast and it was fun to dress in costume, trick or treat in the magic kingdom and see all the villians out at the party. (its not scarry though). we loved the food and wine festival too. miss going that time of year. dec if fun too though. mvmcp is fun and they have alot of shows going on. the parade is wonderful. both times of year are great. pixiedust:

We've been to WDW in early May and in mid-October. May was extremely hot .... 90+ temps and 100% humidity. Mid-October was much better with 75-80+ temps and 90+ humidity. There were only a couple of days that we considered too hot. However, we are from Montana. We're used to the heat, but not the humidity so it tends to get to us more than others! :rotfl:

Of the many times we've gone to WDW, we've experienced the best weather and least crowds in November. Definitely warm enough for the pool; no humidity, less crowds. You're lucky you don't have to follow a school schedule ... pick November!

Thanks for the suggestions. We have done early Nov and liked it. We may try some of the other dates mentioned. We have 7 days and 5 plusses left on our 10 day hopper plus tickets burning a hole in our pockets. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter