When is the best time of year to buy FL resident annual passes?

CFL

Mouseketeer
I know Universal runs all kinds of promotions for Florida resident annual passes throughout the year but I am wondering what the best time is to buy one. The only sales I can think of going on right now is the $99.99 seasonal pass at publix and they are having some sale on 2 day passes.

I know Universal runs all kinds of promotions for Florida resident annual passes throughout the year but I am wondering what the best time is to buy one. The only sales I can think of going on right now is the $99.99 seasonal pass at publix and they are having some sale on 2 day passes.
The only special I've seen is the Publix one. Personally...if you can afford it...spend the extra money and get the Preferred AP. It will save you parking fees, give you park discounts and discounts on hard ticket events like HHN. Plus...the renewal isn't much more than the $99.00 pass. Just something to think about.

I just renewed my PAP for $106. It's a way better deal than any of the Florida rates. I only wish they had some kind of addon promotion but even without it we get our money's worth in a few visits. I don't live in FL I live in GA and they are offering FL rates to GA residents in an effort to attract more visitors.

I just remember a few years back getting a two year pass (the one with parking and everything) for $150, I guess that was just a one time really good deal. Thanks though!

Are there likely to be any discounts offered on the Preferred passes anytime in the near future? I let mine expire a while ago, the $229 price tag is killing me.

I just remember a few years back getting a two year pass (the one with parking and everything) for $150, I guess that was just a one time really good deal. Thanks though!

I bought one of those and I'm not a Florida resident anymore.

Actually, mine was for 18 months, though, so it may have been a little different, but I think i paid $159 for it.

Are there likely to be any discounts offered on the Preferred passes anytime in the near future? I let mine expire a while ago, the $229 price tag is killing me.
I think the general thought on the board is...after HP opens next year, it will be a long time before you will see the specials that are running now. The $229.99 for the Preferred AP is the regular rate and will go up...probably in the spring but the price could go up at any time. Keep this in mind...with the rumored Disney ticket increase on 8/1 looming, if Disney raises their prices so will Sea World & Universal and will probably affect all tickets including annual passes.

I think the general thought on the board is...after HP opens next year, it will be a long time before you will see the specials that are running now. The $229.99 for the Preferred AP is the regular rate and will go up...probably in the spring but the price could go up at any time. Keep this in mind...with the rumored Disney ticket increase on 8/1 looming, if Disney raises their prices so will Sea World & Universal and will probably affect all tickets including annual passes.

::yes:: Very true!!

I had annual pass from 1998 to 2004 and then due to finances i did not renew. In 2007 i again purchased the Prefered Annual Pass and i will have to be flat broke before i let it lapse again. I know 229 is higher than it use to be at 189, but considering Disney price for same pass, 229 is a steal and the renewal rate is such a deal. :cool2:

I got a preferred annual pass this year while Coca Cola was running a discount, it only cost me a little over $100....

I had annual pass from 1998 to 2004 and then due to finances i did not renew. In 2007 i again purchased the Prefered Annual Pass and i will have to be flat broke before i let it lapse again. I know 229 is higher than it use to be at 189, but considering Disney price for same pass, 229 is a steal and the renewal rate is such a deal. :cool2:

True dat!

You won't ever be without it again! :wizard:

The Universe was in jeopardy all that time, but you sure never lost your touch! :love:

Karen / MsDis

It wasn't a one time deal. They had done it before too.. and with hopes, it may happen again... :goodvibes

I got a preferred annual pass this year while Coca Cola was running a discount, it only cost me a little over $100....

:confused3 preferred??? with free parking and no blackout dates for a little over a $100... renewals are a little over a $100..($106). I don't remember seeing that deal.. and I live in Fl... unless it was some out of state promo...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter