When is off season for WDW???

I think off season now lasts for a couple of hours on the 2nd Tuesday of Sept. ;)

:lmao:

We usually go Labor Day week and to me its very very slow. This year we saw no waits and walk on's on BTMRR, Splash, Mission Space, etc and we were there the days leading up to Labor Day.

If the marketing department at Disney does their job right there isnt a 'slow' time. If you go and look at the DVC point charts and look at the dates for the 'adventure' season, that is the 'cheapest' time for DVC rentals and will go along with the 'slow' dates that WDW has. Just use any of them, here is animal kingdoms

http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-vacation-club/AK-Points.htm

It is funny to NOT see 4th of July in the premier season though.. Or thanksgiving, or the other 'big' summer holidays.. Granted they are almost in premier.

so the 'slowest' time SHOULD be
Jan 1-31
Sep 1-30
Dec 1-14

then

Oct 1-31
Nov 1-23
Nov 27-30
Dec 15-23

then

Feb 1-15
May 1-31
June 1-10
Aug 16-31

then

Feb 16-28
Mar 1- 27
Apr 11-30
June 11-30
July 1-31
Aug 1-15
Nov 24-26

then the PREMIERE season..

March 28-31
April 1-10
Dec 24-31

Not trying to start anything here but you mention the whole month of September and some trip reports have it being crowded at times. I've also heard from quite a few people that the week before Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are all bad. Then you have the first week of Feb in the third tier and I've heard all slow reports for that week everywhere I've looked. I'm not sure looking at this is the best way to go.

Thank you so much for all of the info!!!
At this time, this trip is just a thought, but I love to hear all the info.
How does the fastpass system differ from DL? How is it broken?
Atleast 10 days...that sounds absolutely wonderful!!!

Not trying to start anything here but you mention the whole month of September and some trip reports have it being crowded at times. I've also heard from quite a few people that the week before Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years are all bad. Then you have the first week of Feb in the third tier and I've heard all slow reports for that week everywhere I've looked. I'm not sure looking at this is the best way to go.

Never said it was :) , I was just showing when DVC point stays are the 'cheapest', which in WDW's mind would be when fewer people are going to the parks. I was only showing it as an 'example'. Places like touringplans and those types of places actually have people examining the crowds and will be more up to date.

It is all subjective, and it will ALWAYS be somewhat busy.

I was there this past Feb. It was pretty manageable. There was one night in Epcot (The Saturday before the superbowl) that you could have thrown a stone in WS and not hit anyone. It was actually kind of weird. BUT all day long there were still 60 min waits for TT and Soarin.

The best times that I have gone have been early February (Lower crowds and NICE weather, not too warm or too cold)

and early May. The crowds were low BUT the weather was kinda too hot. Lots of days I wanted to leave the parks because of the heat, although it did cool down at night

The best times that I have gone have been early February (Lower crowds and NICE weather, not too warm or too cold)

Just want to point out that allthe winter months are risky when it comes to temps. I've been in February anumber of times. Presidents week can be busy. Variable busy, but busy. February can be quite cold - like frost warnings at night cool. Hard feezes don't really happen, but a number of times the state has lost a significant part of the oranges to frost. Evenif it's not quite that cold, Epcot in the 40's is not my idea of fun. We were there this past MArch, and it was about that cold. Then again, February is typically sweater weather in morning - shorts during the day - jeans/sweaters at night.

To note on the DVc charts, it's interestig they don't quite match up to seasonal resort pricing. I'd venture that seasonal resort prcing is more accurate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter