When is mosquitoe season in orlando?

twotime

Earning My Ears
Yikes! I'm hearing word that West Nile virus will be comming across the Alberta border by this spring. What can you do except load up on bug spray.

I'll be in Orlando during March/April. How bad are the mosquitoes during this time?

I haven't been during that time so can't comment on that.

I will say that this last November, I got eaten up on legs. What's odd is that I was the only one in party that did and only on legs. Now I happened to use the Mickey lotion on my legs and no one else did.

Next time I go I won't use the lotion at all and will invest in some good bug repellant. FL mesquito bites are much worse for me than our whimpy colorado blood suckers. It's like I was allergic to them. Had to buy a tube of hydrocortisone at the hotel! and wore only long pants for the second 1/2 of the trip.

Good luck!

hightown thought I let you know they were probably chiggers, we were there in Oct and only saw 2-3 mosiquitos the whole 8 days but my mom's legs were bitten all over as well as a friends moms (they were staying off site) these bites last like 2 weeks and itch like crazy when mom got home she actually went to the dr cause they were still bugging her 3 weeks later. Dr happened to be from Fl and told her they were chigger bites put her on prednisone to help with the itching. Dont know if bug spray works on those buggers or not. but after seeing moms legs I sprayed myself and both boys (DH an my dad didn't) and none of us got bit. I'll bring it with me again though.

We were there in mid September - didn't see a mosquito or get a bite. Hope this helps.

I have taken many trips to WDW and most during July and Aug. I have never gotten a mosquito bite or been bothered by those pesky things! :eek: Disney must do a good job of pest control.

There is actually a couple pages devoted to the mosquito thing in the UNOFFICAL GUIDE if you happen to have one to look at. I grew up in FL and can verify that everyday is mosquito season. I mean there are better and worse days. (The warmer and more humid the worse they are, the cooler, the lesser the activity in my experience). But according to the above mentioned book Disney goes to great lengths to spray and keep the little bugs under control. I have only been bitten a couple times when we have been there and it seemed to be in the August trips. Mosquitos are bad everywhere anymore...I live in the NE and we have to now content w/ West Nile and ours dogs have to be on preventive heart worm medicine all year long (even now at 30 degrees!) but I'll have to say Disney does a wonderful job of keeping it under control.

Chiggers you get usually from sitting on the ground or in high grasses/weeds. If you avoid sitting in the grass you shouldn't have a problem. I don't know if bug spray works...as a kid we never used it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter