When is it emptiest?

zcapp10

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I want to go to DLP with two young children, and for us the VERY emptiest time of year is best, not too worried about atmosphere to be honest, just it being managable with toddlers. i.e. very short queue times for rides, characters etc.
What time of year do you have experience of it being least busy?

Thanks for your help!

I haven't been there every month but I can well imagine that mid-January through until mid-February will be the best.

Anytime kids are at school and outwith traditional holiday dates.

First week of October and midweek in 2004 was so quiet I felt quite lonely, but we had some fabulous interaction from the characters without the usual scrum.

You know it's quiet when you end up asking the CM if you can get off the ride.:rotfl:

Having just been, I would recommend the very beginning of October.

On the Disney official website, they often have special offers where, if you book by the end of the April, to go in September through the beginning of October, you get one third discount on the cost of your hotel/tickets package for the Disney hotels.

My DD is 6, but doesn't like rollercoasters at all, and we spent the majority of our time in the Studios and in Fantasyland. Midweek, beginning of October, we had warm weather and zero queues for most of the rides, including everything in Fantasyland, and Buzz. Cars and the flying carpets in the Studios were also favourites, and they were also walk-ons most of the time.

There were also loads of characters about, in both parks, and with only a couple of exceptions, she managed to get great character autographs, photos and interaction with minimum scrumming.

We had a great relaxing time! Much better than Feb half term, when, even though the parks weren't heaving, we did have to queue for a lot of our visit.

Elaine

Im going at the end of Jan with my soon to be 2yr old daughter, I know it will be cold but in guessing rather quiet aswell.

"You know it's quiet when you end up asking the CM if you can get off the ride."
Yep, that was us!!!

Elaine

Thanks for your replies!

We are thinking late Jan/early Feb next year, so if you can think of anything that may be going on at that time to make it busier, shout now!

Thanks,
Faye

Kids Go Free plus the Extra Day & Night Free offers which are combinable, so any weeks there this is applicable will be busier, and avoid weekends.

I've been in September twice now and it was EMPTY... Some of the food places were closed cause there wasn't enough guests and we could walk around for ages without seeing anyone else.. One year it actually felt too empty.

January is freezing but dead!! I'm scared about going any other time to be honest.....and you don't need to get off the rides most of the time!!:thumbsup2
I have a 2 year old so know what you mean about the toddler thing!!;)

Hi
We went to DLP 11th-15th January 07.Weekdays are very quiet with very short queue times but Saturday and Sunday were very very busy.90mins for most rides.
My advice stay away from the weekends.If you go in January also wrap up very warmly it is very cold brrrrrrrrr.

I'd also say, if you're going to be there for several days then once you've seen the parade once use that time to go on rides - very empty! Also, if they're small, you won't be queueing for the big thrill rides anyway. One warning - my DS was 3 1/2 when we went and decided he didn't like anything dark - not even Peter Pan. And don't even think about Snow White or Pinnocio - WAY too scary! Even though they are not fast.:sad2:

I'd agree there with MazdaUK -

My DD is 6 (5 when we first went to DLRP), and even now she will only go on Peter Pan under protest (as I love it), but no way will I get her on Pinocchio again - its very dark and really quite scary for little kids. I didn't even try to get her on Snow White, as its also a dark ride.

Elaine

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter