When I'm stressed

wdwiala

DIS Veteran
and can't go to sleep, instead of counting sheep, I envision myself walking through the Magic Kingdom. I start under the railroad bridge and head out onto Main Street and so forth.

It helps when I am obsessing and need to focus on something relaxing. :cloud9:

Is Disney anyone else's happy place? :rotfl:

Oh My. I thought I was the only crazy one. I think about Disneyland and the walk past the ice cream place and the cafe and the store to soarin, and then riding soarin.... It usually helps a lot!:rotfl:

and can't go to sleep, instead of counting sheep, I envision myself walking through the Magic Kingdom. I head under the railroad bridge and head out onto Main Street and so forth.

It helps when I am obsessing and stressing about something and need to focus on something relaxing. :cloud9:

Is Disney anyone else's happy place? :rotfl:

OMG, I've been using this exact technique for years. Not just when I can't sleep, but even during some of my worse panic attacks.

I start way back from the TTC, take the monorail or ferry, enter the park, through the tunnel, up Main St USA.

I do each step slooooowly. Noticing every little detail before moving on. If my brain rushes ahead, I start over to force it to slow down.

I'm usually asleep long before I get to the castle. Yes, it works great!

I even taught DH to use it. :thumbsup2

Count me in as well. I also take walks through Epcot World Showcase and DTD it all depends on what im stressed about or why I cant sleep when I decide which place to go to.
Also if it is the middle of the day and Im super stressed I listen to Disney music or watch the Disneyland Fun Sing-A-long Songs tape. (Wish they would bring out the originals on DVD)

Whew! I'm not the only one! :upsidedow I usually focus my mind on entering the park, maybe because it holds those first moments of wonder.

I also love imagining the walk around the water in Epcot before Illuminations. Very relaxing. :goodvibes

Disney is MY Happy place. I plan the Ultimate DisneyWorld vacation to help get me to sleep. Sometimes, when I have playground duty on a cold, dreary morning... I imagine I'm walking down Main Street in Disney World. My colleagues know when I'm smiling I'm thinking of one of 2 things: Disney or My hubby. Sometimes it's both.:lovestruc

Too funny! I do the exact same thing, as does one of my dd's! I'm usually walking into the Boardwalk, though, into that beautiful lobby and looking up at the chandelier with the horses. If that doesn't work I head over to MK. :rotfl:

I do it too!! I have even told my kids to try it as well because it is relaxing and makes us feel happy as we are falling asleep. I even use it in the dentist's chair:thumbsup2

I use WDW as my happy place every time I go to the dentist. A few years ago I had all my impacted wisdom teeth extracted, and the last thought I had as I was being knocked out was of walking down Main Street at the Magic Kingdom.

Count me in! When I have a bad headache or am in pain, I will imagine the walk into MK. It seriously helps! We can all be "weird" together I guess.

Disney is definitely my happy place. Though if I'm in a tough spot in life, and I envision WDW, I sometimes get even more depressed because I realize I'm not there...lol

Also, when I'm sitting in class, I usually space off and I go straight to Disney. :teeth:

WDW has been my happy place/stress relief since 1986 and it's even better now that it's only an hour away.

I don't think anyone here is going to think you're crazy. In fact, you sound perfectly normal to me:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter