When I go to Disney....

This is our first, and possibly last trip to Disney, so I feel like I NEED to plan to ensure that my beautiful princesses see and do most of the things that make WDW magical. My husband and I each own our own business so we get 1 week of family vacation each year, and while Disney is amazing (or at least I assume it is :)) there are several other places in the world I want to see. If I went every year, or even every other year, I would not feel the need to go into OCD planning mode this time. I DO NOT do that for other vacations, but Disney is different. Long lines, not seeing the things we set out to see, not being able to feel like my daughters FULLY experienced Disney would be sooooo stressful for me. Once there, if the plan is ditched because the girls' see something they just can't do without I will be totally fine with it. I DO NOT want to be that family standing in the middle of the road trying to figure out where to go first, next, etc. :thumbsup2

Once I make the airline reservation, book the resort, and make dinner reservations I'm done with the planning. When I get to Orlando I'm on vacation, so let the adventure begin!:banana:

Great Post! I made my wife read this. She gets a little overboard w/her plans.

sorry OP, but to each his own. You choose to wing it, I choose to maximize my time and trip to get the most out of it for my family. We plan for dining based om which parks we visit that day-which is based on park hours. We plan on spending our time in the parks, not sleeping in. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate your freestylong ways for your family, but that is not the kind of Disney trip that we want. I leave my sleeping in for lazy weekends around the house. We like to enjoy our vacations through rich experiences in the most magical place on earth.

Such is life ... last time we went, rope drop was seriously important to one family in our group, not so much to the rest of us. Also, we do not always plan on parks based on our ADR's. That's the cool thing about Disney, you can miss some stuff, and still not miss an amazing vacation. It has soooo much to offer, you don't need to see everything. Let me put a disclaimer on this: I am speaking to those of you who have been there often enough that you know about ADR's , RD, EMH, etc. Sometimes, just sleeping in ... or not even ... but rather, spending a leisurely morning in your room, sipping coffee, or even just enjoying breakfast at your resort, rather than jumping to stand in line just to try to beat the mad rush to the rope drop, or ride of choice ... is worth the whole trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter