when I check-in online, what should I do first??

annabug

Mamabug
So Im obsessing about this online check in, I always get nervous when I have to do anything important online, it creeps me out:confused3

so here is what I think I need to do,

go to website, retrieve my reservation....

I REALLY want to do Palo Brunch and Palo Dinner

Palo dinner on the second sea day
Palo brunch on the third sea day

i also want to get a rainforest pass

get my kids into kids club

possibly a tasting

and two port excursions

So what should I do first

Do I need to completely check in before I book the above items, or can I do it after???

TIA!! annabug

So Im obsessing about this online check in, I always get nervous when I have to do anything important online, it creeps me out:confused3

so here is what I think I need to do,

go to website, retrieve my reservation....

I REALLY want to do Palo Brunch and Palo Dinner

Palo dinner on the second sea day
Palo brunch on the third sea day

i also want to get a rainforest pass

get my kids into kids club

possibly a tasting

and two port excursions

So what should I do first

Do I need to completely check in before I book the above items, or can I do it after???

TIA!! annabug

You do not need to have completed your online checkin to book excursions/adult dining/etc.

With your wish list, I'd suggest you try for Palo first.

Tastings are booked once onboard.

Probably go for the excursions second.

Then the rainforest pass.

The kids' club registration can be done at any time, no real rush for that.

I will point out that you do need to be paid in full to book excursions/spa/adult dining. But not for checkin.

Palo brunches tend to sell out very quickly, even with three sea days, so that would be my first priority. but if you aren't able to book one, they do hold back some the ressies for when you get on board.

Palo brunch first, Dinner second
Everything else later.

Once you have paid in full - and reach the excursion booking window, you can book them - and that can be / should be before you check in.

THis year I became a Platinum Castaway Club member, and while I was Gold was rarely ever able to reserve a Brunch on ANY day!! But we have never missed one either - after we board the ship and we go to where Palo is taking ressies, and make them then.

First cruise as Platinum I was able to get a Palo brunch booked online - but we had 10 sea days - so there was a lot of availability;) :thumbsup2

I sailed as a Silver CC member this past spring and had no trouble booking a Palo brunch with just 2 sea days. So you never know.

As a PP said, the only thing that should be a priority, is the Palo reservations and if you don't get them there is a good likelihood you can get them when you board. I have seen a couple of excursions filled but that is usually a couple of days after the first time cruisers have been booking and then only the least expensive ones.

The only other item that is quickly booked is the cabañas on CC but you did not say you wanted one of those.

The one thing you didn't list that I have on my list after Palo is PAT so we can get a low boarding number. Now that we are platinum, I'm not concerned about that anymore but up until this point it was #2.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get the Palo time you want, don't just put it in your "cart" confirm the time and then move on to your next item.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if you get the Palo time you want, don't just put it in your "cart" confirm the time and then move on to your next item.

Correct. You need to "confirm" as you make each reservation to be sure you have it. Just putting it in your cart won't do it.

Thank You Thank You!!!

One more thing...DCL told me that May 25 was the day I can start booking as long as I am paid in full, so can I book at hourglass 12:01 am?

Thank You Thank You!!!

One more thing...DCL told me that May 25 was the day I can start booking as long as I am paid in full, so can I book at hourglass 12:01 am?

Midnight Eastern time. Whatever time that is where you are. And you must log in after midnight. If you are already logged in, hitting "refresh" won't do it.

The one thing you didn't list that I have on my list after Palo is PAT so we can get a low boarding number. Now that we are platinum, I'm not concerned about that anymore but up until this point it was #2.
So silly question but where on the site do you go to book Palo? Since everything is frozen now for reservations until my window it is hard to play around with it.
thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter