When Have You Seen Your Children Truly Happy?

My son was so happy when he hit his first home run in baseball over the fence. But it was surpassed by the following day when he did it again. It was like he was walking on a cloud. The other time I saw him excited and very happy was when he won an academic award and we had to drive to another city for the award ceremony.

My daughter is happy all the time, but I though she would pass out from joy when she went to Disney for the first time and at Hollywood and Vine, they started playing the "Hotdog" Dance song.

I also love this picture of her and Stitch...she's in heaven!

DISNEY366.jpg

I'm am so not a person who has "traditions", but every year, we travel out of town for the holidays for a week. OMG!!! The weeks leading up to the trip, DD-13 is almost hysterical! She so looks forward to the trip - it's a 13 hour drive and she loves that just as much as seeing the relatives. Even though i'm not one to say "Well, we have to go because it's a tradition", seeing how much she looks forward to it and is hysterically happy during that time, I think I might just say that I like this tradition:goodvibes

My DS14 is thrilled whenever he see or rides on a train. He has Asperger's and trains are his area of special interest. Whenever possible, we take routes next to train tracks in the hopes that he might spot one and we ride trains as much as we can.

My DS11 is happy pretty much all the time. He was especially thrilled last spring when he found out he got the lead in the school musical (Captain Shang in Mulan). That was one happy boy!:goodvibes

DS was born unhappy :laughing: and there are very few moments but I will always remember his first touchdown in high school football and the day he got his license ~ these were really big highlights in his life. His chip seems to be decreasing as he gets older but it also could be that I don't see him very often any more and when I do he's generally in a good mood.

DD is happy about everything but really loves it anytime someone acknowledges her school grades and other accomplishments. (She's a straight A student and the only GS in our area to make the Bronze Award last year and...)!

I've raised both kids myself (two different fathers) so I can't contribute their personalities to the nurture value, it must be biological?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter