When does Universal start celebrating Christmas at the Parks / Resorts

2Bnºoºt2B

Fºoºz & Sami-Jºoº
From what I can see Macy's Parade commence in December ... but does Universal Studios / IOA have any particular celebrations commencing in mid November like Disney's MVMCP? When do they start decorating the theme parks/resorts for Christmas ... thanks ...

Does the Macy's parade happen every day? Or just certain ones?

Also, it says that Manheim Steamroller will be there...does anybody know where to find info on tickets for that?

there isn't a charge for the music shows.
just your regular park ticket is all you need.

it is open for all in the park that day you are there.

the bands play in the evening at the studios side.

The holiday page for Universal doesn't provide too much information as to dates etc :( ... for instance when does the Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular commence ... when do the Christmas decorations if any go up in the parks/resorts?

The holiday page for Universal doesn't provide too much information as to dates etc :( ... for instance when does the Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular commence ... when do the Christmas decorations if any go up in the parks/resorts?

It says at the top, December 5, 2015 – January 2, 2016.

That's the first day for Grinchmas and the parades. Decorations are all up then and taken down after Jan. 2.

Last edited:
But to the parks and the hotels at least "decorate" before December? I have a trip starting on Nov 8th and was hoping to see some lights or maybe a Christmas tree in the hotel or something.

But to the parks and the hotels at least "decorate" before December? I have a trip starting on Nov 8th and was hoping to see some lights or maybe a Christmas tree in the hotel or something.
We usually go in mid-November and every once in a while we'll see the very beginnings of the decorating... and the one thing that often does seem to be done at the mid-November mark is the Santa hat on Krusty. I wouldn't count on seeing anything Christmasy during your trip. Sorry. :-/

I recommend going to the other parks in Orlando if you want to see Christmas in November. Pretty sure the guy with the ears starts his party the first week or two in November. I could be mistaken. Also the lights at a certain other studios park (Disney) starts Osborne family lights then. It's the last year so if you want to see LIGHts to the extreme you better go while you can. I was underwhelmed by the Christmas theming at the dark side, but it's still my favorite regardless.

I recommend going to the other parks in Orlando if you want to see Christmas in November. Pretty sure the guy with the ears starts his party the first week or two in November. I could be mistaken. Also the lights at a certain other studios park (Disney) starts Osborne family lights then. It's the last year so if you want to see LIGHts to the extreme you better go while you can. I was underwhelmed by the Christmas theming at the dark side, but it's still my favorite regardless.
Thanks ... we have tickets for MVMCP ... was thinking of the Osborne lights but not sure want to spend one of my ticket days there ...

The parks are slowly decorated starting the first part of November and by Thanksgiving weekend, everything is basically done. Universal doesn't decorate like WDW does but it's still wonderful to see the seasonal decorations both at the parks and the resorts.

Christmas lights Nov 8th? Unlikely. They will barely have time to get their Halloween decorations down by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter