When does the Thanksgiving Crowd tend to slow down?

Julie711

DIS Veteran
We are going to the World Nov 25th - Dec 1st and hoping that most of the crowds will have checked out by Sunday with kids getting back to school after vacation, is this a good assumption? We have read that this is suppose to be one of the slowest weeks, so hoping thats true!

We went last year at this exact time & are doing it again this year. Crowds were low, weather was great, & of course the Christmas decorations were awesome :) It's the best time of year to go I think! Have a great trip!

We went last year at this exact time & are doing it again this year. Crowds were low, weather was great, & of course the Christmas decorations were awesome :) It's the best time of year to go I think! Have a great trip!

Also what is the weather usually like, sweathirt morning/ evening & shorts afternoon? DH and myself went for a kid free trip in February and it was warmer then I thought,just needed a sweatshirt some nights.

It slows down queit a bit sunday and by monday its really slow.

We went black friday thru wed after last year and were shocked at how slow the parks were after sunday. As far as weather we had great weather in the 60/70's during the day and 50/60's at night. We wore capris (DH in shorts) and tshirts in the day and either added a light jacket or swapped to jeans and long sleeve shirts at night. It was great weather.

As PPs have said, we also were there last year at that time. We arrived the Saturday after Thanksgiving. It was kind of busy. Sunday was slow. Monday our resort looked like a ghost town.

Weather was great for mid-westerners. Depending on where you're from, you might want to pack warmer clothing for the evenings.

Great to hear! We're going to be there from the 24th-30th of November and I was hoping for low crowds. We've never been to WDW before, but took a trip to DL a few years ago in mid-september. It was great, no people around at all, walk ons at many rides. I don't expect it to be quite like that at WDW this time, but I'm hoping it'll be on the quiet side. I've heard some people say that it's not as quiet as it's been in the past though during the week after Thanksgiving. The secret is out.

We go the same week every year and from '04-06 it was perfect. When we went back in '10 it was crazy. I never saw that week so crowded. We were used to quick lines and were upset how things changed in just a couple years! We waited an hour for Dumbo which for us was unheard of. Leaving MK after Wishes on that Monday night was a joke. Took us easily an hour just to get on the monorail. Definitely a little frustrating but it's still our favorite time to go.
Definitely Pack some warm clothes! Early am and nights are chilly. In '05 we were in winter coats at night. Hope we don't see that again this year. Enjoy!

We went last year that week and are going again this year same time as you. I wouldn't say it is a ghost town by any means but it was slower than it was when we went in April (after Spring Break crowds) but definitely busier than when we go in September. We loved the weather! Not having to take breaks during the day because of the heat was really nice. We did a lot of sleeping in and going to the parks in the afternoon/evenings instead of RD. I wore capris, t-shirts and flip flops daily and a couple of times wanted jeans/long sleeved shirt. Great, great weather! Have fun...we will be there with you!

The wife, 2 boys & myself are also going to be there the Saturday after Thanksgiving. Hoping the crowds will be lighter than during summer.

I was there last year Nov 27th-Dec 4th. The Sat after Thanksgiving was pretty crowded, but the rest of the week was pretty dead. It was the slowest I've ever seen WDW. I go 4-6 times a year, usually every Sept, early Dec, first or second week of May, and then throw in an extra trip in Oct, Jan, or Feb.

We will be there as well this same week...arriving Sat., Nov. 24 and leaving Sat., Dec. 1. Staying at AKV Kidani. Where are you all staying?

We went this week in 2010 & loved it! We were able to swim early in the week but it did get cooler as the week went on. If you are thinking about MVMCP, I would wait to see what the weather may be like. We had planned to go in 2010 but then changed our mind once we saw how chilly it was going to be on the night we had picked.

Looking forward to it!

I was surprised to find the Thanksgiving crowds still around on Monday, back when we were there!! By Tuesday, things were better and on Wednesday, it was close to perfect. Of course, only 'close to perfect' because that was our departure day!!!

We will be there as well this same week...arriving Sat., Nov. 24 and leaving Sat., Dec. 1. Staying at AKV Kidani. Where are you all staying?

We went this week in 2010 & loved it! We were able to swim early in the week but it did get cooler as the week went on. If you are thinking about MVMCP, I would wait to see what the weather may be like. We had planned to go in 2010 but then changed our mind once we saw how chilly it was going to be on the night we had picked.

Looking forward to it!

DH & Myself stayed at AKL Kidani on our adult free trip in February and LOVED it! Thus November trip we will be at BWV!
See you there.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter