• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Does the Dining Plan Begin?

Do you mean when you get there?

If that's the case, as soon as you check in, your room card will be loaded with all the dining credits. You can use them immediately after that, if you choose.

Or did you mean the FREE dining promo?

I think that one started Aug. 13, but I'm not positive.

I'm going to tag on to ask (hopefully) similar questions. The materials indicate DDP lasts for length of stay --does that include check-in and check out day?

For example, if I check-in on a Monday and check-out on a Friday, do I have 4 days of DDP (since its 4 hotel nights)? Or is it 3 or 5 days?

Also, if check-in day is included, can you get your credits while you are waiting for your room if it isn't ready?

Finally, can you use credits on your last day even if you have checked out of your room (but haven't left for your flight)?

Thanks.

It is dependent on the no. of nights you stay. If you stay 4 nights, you get 4 snacks, 4 CS meals and 4 TS meals per person on the plan.

You can get your credits when you check in and you can use them after you checkout until midnight that night I think ( someone correct me if this is not right).

You get credits for the number of nights you are staying, not days. For instance, if you check in on a Monday and leave on Fri., that is 4 nights stayed - you get 4 TS, 4 CS, 4 snack credits for each guest in your room.

When you check in, you will be given your room key so that you can get into the parks ASAP (whether your room will be ready or not is another story), and that card will have your dining credits loaded on it. They are available immediately - in fact, we went directly from the check in desk to Columbia Harbour House for lunch our last trip.

The key with your tickets and dining credits is good the entire last day of your trip. If you are still there, have credits left at 8pm, and go for dinner, you will still be able to use them at that point. They expire (I think!!) at midnight that night.

We are using the dining plan for the first time in October. If my research is correct....the dining plan covers you for each night of your stay and can be used until midnight of the day you check out. I plan to check in and go to lunch on the first day we arrive even though the room may not be ready. I know that when we checked in last year and received our resort card it was active immediately at the food court and gift shop, even though we did not have access to our room.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter