• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When Does It Start?

ChelleFeegan

Mouseketeer
we will arrive to resort (csr) about 5pm on the 12th August, we leave 27th August - will my park tickets be active on both the 12th and the 27th? Also, when do my dining credits start?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that if you start using it on the 12th, the 25th would be the last day you can use it. Since you're not arriving at your resort until 5pm and are coming from the UK (long flight plus jet lag), I would skip going to a park on the 12th.

I'm pretty sure that if you start using it on the 12th, the 25th would be the last day you can use it. Since you're not arriving at your resort until 5pm and are coming from the UK (long flight plus jet lag), I would skip going to a park on the 12th.

Agree.

Dining credits start at the time you check in and are good until midnight of the day you check out. The front desk recommended we go get our mugs right away so that we'd know if everything was active and ready and we could return to the desk easily if there was an issue.

Your park tickets will be active once you check in and it all depends on how many days you purchased. If tou purchased enough days to use it on your last day, then you will be able to go to the parks.

Your park tickets will be active once you check in and it all depends on how many days you purchased. If tou purchased enough days to use it on your last day, then you will be able to go to the parks.

Actually, from what I've been reading, it doesn't appear to be necessary to check in before going to a park anymore. And regardless of how many days you've purchased, tickets expire after 14 days, so if the OP uses a day on the 12th, the 25th would be the last day the tickets would be good.

Regular Disney tickets are always "Active," meaning you don't have to visit a ticket booth and show ID, etc., in order to use them. When you go thru a theme park "Mickey Head" turnstile for the first time, that begins your 14-day expiration clock. If you visit a park on the 12th, your last date to use your ticket would be the 25th. If you started using your tickets on the 13th, your tickets would be usable thru the end of the 26th.

To figure last day of a 14-day expiration, pinpoint your start date on any monthly calendar. For example, let's choose Thursday, March 12th. Go down the calendar vertically two weeks, to Thursday March 26th, then back-up one day. Wednesday, March 25th would be the last day you could use your tickets.

Your park tickets won't start until the first day you use them....so if you arrive at 5pm, I personally wouldn't use it for such a short day, especially if you'll be jet lagged. So I'd wait until the next day to go to a park and that's the activation date. Or...if you have the desire/energy, go to the park that first night and that's "Day 1" of your park tickets. How many days did you purchase?

Your dining starts the day of check in....and as someone said, ends at midnight the day of checkout. But remember that they are "pooled" into your account so it's NOT a use it on this particular day or lose them. So you arrive at 5pm...if you want a TS dinner or a CS dinner, use what you want.....you could even just use a snack credit for a small bite if you're not hungry. You can use a TS for breakfast, lunch and dinner one day, or use all CS and snacks another day....they don't care how you use them, you just have x number of them to use for your entire trip.

If you're going to want to do something that first evening but not use a ticket, remember there are great things to do at various resorts, Downtown Disney, there are restaurants out of the park to enjoy, or go sit on the beach at one of the monorail resorts and watch the fireworks and water parade.

I personally would not waste a park day ticket when arriving that late in the day.

We hit the reort pool and DTD on our first day and hit the parks running the following day.

we will arrive to resort (csr) about 5pm on the 12th August, we leave 27th August - will my park tickets be active on both the 12th and the 27th? Also, when do my dining credits start?

Thanks

It is worth remembering when you are at the resort at 5pm that your body will still think it is UK time which is 10pm.
I would agree with the comment of leaving the parks to the next day :)

You will be up early so this is a good time to do early park entry or if you are a breakfast fan book an ADR :)

Thanks everyone. OH wanted to ride TT (his fav ride) but he has to wait... DD wants to hit the pool. Me, I'll want to unpack and sleep lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter