• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When does is start getting crowded with the "spring" travelers?

debbiebones

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide to book our first trip to BCV in either late October or early November or next February or March.

First of all, I'm wondering if we'll even be able to still get a reservation for a 2 bedroom this fall.

Second, I'm wondering about crowds. I know the fall is a good time to go crowd-wise but how about February-March? When does it generally start to pick up?

Thanks for any help,

Deb

We have been there on twice on President's week - it gets very crowded, but is manageable. We are going on Easter this year, and have been there on a previous Easter -- it is extremely crowded, and if you don't get to the parks early, the fast passes are gone for the day. Because of our children, we are limited to their school breaks -- and unfortunately, they are the most crowded times of the year.

President's week is very bad, Easter, and Christmas can be horrendous, but most of the other times aren't bad at all, especially if you avoid school vacations. Fall ressies aren't hard to get now, providing you aren't firm on dates or accommodation sizes. Besides, it never hurts to call--I got a one bedroom for two nights at the end of March when I called today, and some lucky person will be getting a studio at BWV for a week later, which I cancelled. Most ressies are easily done, but you have to make ressies soon! Why not call to see what you can get for fall, and if you change your mind later, you can always cancel.

The first two weeks of February are relatively uncrowded - it's a good time to go, although it can be a bit cool for my taste.

Except for the two weeks surrounding Easter and President's week, the rest of spring break time isn't all that bad. Even Easter and President's week crowds are quite manageable if you do some planning ahead of time.

Enjoy your first trip home!

P.S. Good luck with your quest for a 2 bedroom this fall. You really do not know until you call what the availability might be!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter