When do you think the Fantasy Land expansion will be complete?

mefordis

If you can dream it, you can do it.
Do you think the FL expansion will be finished by end of 2013?

Barring no major hurricaines hits central florida between now and then, yes. But I am predicting late 2013, such as Nov/Dec.

Off to see if I can predict the lotto numbers for tonight. :goodvibes

Oh my! I thought it was supposed to be done by the end of 2012? Does that include the new rides as well (The little mermaid and the train)?

Oh my! I thought it was supposed to be done by the end of 2012? Does that include the new rides as well (The little mermaid and the train)?

Phase 1 is to be done by 2012.The whole thing will not be done till 2013.Not sure when the new rides are going to debut

The "current" timeline(subject to change:))has Storybook Circus opening first sometime in 2012 followed by the Mermaid and Beauty and the Beast areas also sometime in 2012.

Seven Dwarfs Mine Train is to open sometime in 2013 and Princess Fairytale Hall "may" open in 2012,but could be pushed back into 2013 also.

The schedule hasn't been narrowed down to a specific month,etc.-just the year.:)

Another big question is; Are they going to open pieces of it as they are complete, or are they going to have one big grand opening at one time. If they wait until it's completely open, as time gets closer, more and more people will wait to go and the crowds will be unbarable for a few years thereafter.

If I had to guess I would say everything would be completed by Spring 2014.

Then again, I'm a Project Manager so tend to be pretty pessimistic :lmao:

Barring no major hurricaines hits central florida between now and then, yes. But I am predicting late 2013, such as Nov/Dec.

Off to see if I can predict the lotto numbers for tonight. :goodvibes

Pirategirl... I am going to hold you to that.

Pick 7 numbers between 1 - 49, I will buy a ticket, and see if you are right...of course if you are, you are handsomely rewarded with a DVC membership, and spending cash for the next 10 years of your trips. In Canada our lotteries are lump sum / tax free winnings. Wooo Hooo...

So, really, if you want to avoid MAJOR crowds you will want to wait until 2016. :lmao:

Another big question is; Are they going to open pieces of it as they are complete, or are they going to have one big grand opening at one time. If they wait until it's completely open, as time gets closer, more and more people will wait to go and the crowds will be unbarable for a few years thereafter.

I think once its complete its going to be very very crowded in fantasyland for the foreseeable future.Look at the Winnie the Pooh ride .That opened how long ago and its still considered a "new" ride and has heavy traffic.The "new-ness" factor will surround Fl and bring people for a few years after opening

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter