When do you tell DCL your preference??

VickiHD

DIS Veteran
We booked out MR for 2012 online. (Hold times were over two hrs) When do/can you tell DCL about your preference about your dining rotation as well as wanting a table by yourself for your family?? Hold times are still LONG today so I don't want to wait on hold for nothing.

Thanks

You book dining times when you book your reservation.

I have cruised Disney only twice before and I do not remember ever seeing anyone seated with other families during dinner. You are seated with your party only if my memory is correct.

You can call closer to your cruise date. I called about a week before and requested a particular rotation (I wanted to be in Triton's on formal night). If you want to sit at a table with just your family (and yes, they can and very likely will seat you with another family, particularly if yours has 4 or fewer members) you can request it then as well. You definitely don't need to call right now, there's no rush on that.

Just make sure that you have the dining *time* you want requested correctly right now. If you want early dining and it's still available, you have to make sure you request that, because it does book up.

They don't assign tables or dining rotations until just before the cruise, so don't worry about calling until you know the hold times will be better (give these new itineraries a few weeks to settle!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter