• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

When do you start packing?

I usually go on vacation in Nov. So as soon as it start's to get cool....I figure why not pack the summer clothes instead of boxing them away ....:cat:

Let's see, I think we booked in July, so I guess I started in......July!!!

I use a wicker chest to store stuff in. I packed all the things from our last cruise that I knew I wouldn't be using like my Hawaiian outfit. Then, I hit the end of the summer sales and just put everything in the chest. I do this for my ds and myself and even a little for dh (Hawaiian shirts).

Now, I just have to take out half before I pack!

:wave: We sail in December, 2004. I have already started packing. No better time than the present. :jumping1: Oh, did I say this is our first cruise, ever!!:teeth: 200+ more days, what the heck is December waiting for, chop, chop, let's go.

i've been packing since we came home from the last trip. today i went out an updated all our travel medicines and things like that. i love it. makes me think the trip is sooner.:moped: :scratchin :cat:

I don't have anything to add about when to start packing. I was also wondering when to start. Right nowI just have a couple more questions that sort of fit into your topic of packing so I thought maybe someone here could help out. I see alot of people talking about getting things here and there as time goes by and putting them aside for the trip...things like the over the door holder and toothpaste...I have decided to start gathering thing also, but when I go out to get something I'm stumped at what I need to get. Can anyone give me some sort of list of thing that might be needed?

The way I figure is if I get things here and there the cost will be more hidden (I can imagine how they can/will add up)

I start thinking about what I'm going to take months before our trip. The other day I started to make that all important list of "don't forget to take" items. This weekend I am returning a very large duffle bag I bought for something more reasonable. I'm concerned about where to store it in a Cat. 11 cabin. Anyway, once I have my luggage question answered I will start throwing things into the suitcase. Then a few days before we leave I'll have to empty that suitcase and repack so things are exactly where they should be. It's all part of the excitement building up to our cruise!:jumping1:

You guys are so organized!! I purchase things about a month before we leave but I don't start packing until the day before we leave!!!! I guess I work better under stress. Speaking of which I better go START packing since we are leaving tomorrow. Wish me luck::MinnieMo ::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo

MariettaC,

We were in Cat.11 and we used underneath the bed and one side of the bed for our large suitcase.

Of course the over the door shoeholder was great. I'm actually thinking about getting a 2nd for the other side of the door to use for our shoes!! Gee...what an original thought, shoes in the shoe hanger!

I didn't feel like space was a problem. Now, this was on a 3-night so I may have to come up with a different battle plan for the 7.

Have fun! Lorie :tongue:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter