When do you start packing?

We go through our clothes about 2 weeks in advance in case we need to pick up anything but we do the actual packing 1-2 days in advance,

We leave in 15 days :cool1:
I just went today to buy sun screen, toiletires, medicine and other supplies. I have a tote in our room that we have started putting our vacation items in. Probably should have started sooner but we are making progress.

I like to start packing about a week before. But I have a "pile" already started - and our trip is in September haha. I have started sewing custom stuff for my daughter to wear, so she has her own little basket in my sewing room with her new Disney outfits in it :)

Well I can't pack to early or I would need something I packed or I'd change my mind and repack before I left! LOL!:lmao:
But...... We are going over July 4th and I have already started thinking :confused: and buying a few things I need, sunscreen, bug spray, shampoo ,conditioner, deoderant, toothpaste, etc. I've bought a few new clothes and hung them and a few others to the side of my closet that I'm going to wear on vacation.

I haven't made my list yet but will probably do that after memorial weekend. I will probably start gathering everything together, packing, crossing off my list, about a week before we leave and hopefully be finished a couple of days before we leave!:thumbsup2 So... then with my packing out of the way.... I can do some fun things before we leave like laundry :laundy: & clean my house while my husband is having fun mowing the grass and washing the vehicle! LOL!

Hopefully we'll have everything done early enough the night before we leave that we can both get a few hours sleep before we leave! LOL! I have waited and packed a few days before we were to leave and set up all night getting ready and left without any sleep! Thats just crazy!:sad2: LOL!

I always leave a tote out for last minute things we need to pack!

I don't usually start packing until 2-3 days before we leave. Am trying to change this habit as I always get stressed out and usually end up forgetting something!

We leave in 16 days. So far, we have all gone through summer clothes to see what we need, and those things have been bought. I bought sunscreen, sunglasses for the kids, and few beach towels. I started a packing list yesterday and hope to clear off a table upstairs to start gathering things we won't need before we leave...which isn't much, since school is out later this week and we will need shorts/swimsuits, etc. We are driving, so overpacking or stuffed bags aren't a problem for us.

We go on the 17th November and I already have one case fully packed since the beginning of January!! Before you think I am crazy I will explain myself! :rotfl: We booked at the beginning of December and ended up getting lots of holiday clothes and essentials as christmas gifts and then with the money my DD got we went to the January sales and picked up a few more things for her from the Disney Store. I have them all packed away so I know where they are, and for someone who has forgotten she has already bought gifts for special occasions and ran out and bought more gifts for the same purpose only to find the original gifts months later hidden in closets and cabinets, I would say that isn't such a bad thing!! :lmao:

we leave in 14 days....yesterday I did my first Target run for a few things I always get there (like little boxes of wine that fit perfectly in the frig:rolleyes1), a few travel sized things I buy every trip, etc. I put a small basket in the corner of our bedroom and start the 'pile'. Over the next week the pile will grow, when I think of something, I put it in the pile. I really don't pack clothing until about 3 days before, toiletries the morning we leave. I also have a pretty extensive packing list (see the tips board for good ideas) that helps me remember everything.

I say start the pile, it's fun and every little bit you can do ahead of time with make it easier. I don't actually put the stuff in the suitcase usually until the day or two before.

We are all going soon! We are at Yacht Club....anyone else? I have yet to meet up with a diser on property!

Hi Reddy from scrapbooking board - you are such a help to me, thanks!
I have a small tote filled with things I have been buying. I will probably pack it all 2 days before we leave.
We arrive at the YC on 5/29. It's just DS (7) and I this trip. When will you be there? Maybe we can meet by the pool one day?! fun!

I love packing. For me, packing is part of the fun of going. I'm an inveterate list maker when it comes to this, so bear with my lists!

My process:
A month out from departure, I'll make my first packing list. I'll go through my travel supplies, and see what needs to be added to or replaced. I'll make sure that all the clothes I want to go are at least where they should be.

2 weeks out I'll visit the first draft, and make a 2nd draft. At this point all the clothes I want will be washed if they're not already.

1 week out, all my supplies are gathered in our guest room, and I'll pack and re-pack the suitcase until I'm happy with it.

Typically, I'll pull out my luggage the day my Magical Express info comes in the mail, and all that important paperwork goes right In my carry-on.

It seems like such a process, but it's really not!!

I never really unpack from previous trips. We don't tend to need the sort of warm weather clothes here and I never wear shorts at home. About a month before I go I check through the case and make sure everything fits and then throw it through the wash to freshen it up.
I pack my case with some dryer sheets to help to keep them fresh and use them in the drawers at the resort like scented liners.

Think this year I am going to make a list to prevent over packing. I just came back from a week away and managed with carry on luggage so I think I might need a little more for two weeks but it was nice to know I can cope with less.

I cannot pack too much too early because I don't have enough clothes to wear everyday and then have them for vacation but I do already have a list (leave in less than 3 weeks). I even use the bathing suits on a weekly basis and things like that so no packing in advance but I do have the list separated out for who is responsible for what leaving me responsible for most things. Yes, I have even packed for my husband before.

My Mother and I are going March 2014; she is already packing non-clothing items. LOL! Once I finished up on the day of our flight and when I closed the suitcase the zipper broke! Had a mad scramble throwing it all into two smaller cases and had to leave some items behind. This is how I found out I'm an " over packer". I think I'm going to try two weeks out this time. Also going try try some of those bags that compress your clothes.

Leaving in 18 days and the suitcases have been out for 2-3 days. However, I am packing for 4 people (minus DH - he's on his own and packs the night before :crazy2::scared::sad2:). I get all of the toiletries, snacks and any of the other extras needed for the trip. Unfortunately even with lists I every once in awhile think of something new and I like to pack when the thought is still fresh in my mind. I work and have a lot of responsibilities and feel like my brain list is always on, so when I can take something off the list it calms me.

I don't care if I have to trip on the suitcases - it makes me feel sane. :thumbsup2

If we are leaving the house prior to 8:00 or 9:00 am I will pack the night before. If leaving the house after that time, I'll pack that morning.

We're not going until December, but if I could start packing now I would lol. Even the thought of waiting until the last minute makes me nervous.

Holy moley! After reading this, I'm starting to FREAK!!! We leave in 6 days, everything is scattered all over the house, and all my capris are in the attic! And I am going to be slammed at work this week.

I suppose I better go start digging out the ponchos!

Thanks for the motivation i.e. lighting a candle under my butt!!!

I leave toiletries in my suitcase. The weekend before I look at them to see if anything needs refilled or replaced. I pack underwear a day or two before and pull the clothes I am bringing and set them out. I don't put my clothes in until the morning I leave, I don't want them sitting in there for days, more likely to get wrinkled.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter