When do YOU start packing?

saraheliz

DIS Veteran
Ok, so admittedly I have had a pile in the corner of my room since last fall- started with DD's summer clothes that I thought would still fit this spring, I've been slowly adding stuff I've picked up at the dollar store, etc.

But now that we're officially under a month to go- it's taking everything in me not to pull out the suitcases!

When do YOU start packing? Please tell me I'm not crazy!! We don't leave until the 28th of April!

Since we live where there's actually a "winter" season, when we went in March last year we started packing nearly 2 months in advance. All of the summer weight clothes weren't going to be of any use to us anyway, so there was little point not packing them away so we wouldn't have to search to find them when it was time.

But, I'll admit to being obsessive, as well.

I start about well... I started in November for our trip in September '10! :rolleyes1 :blush:

Money is tight, so as I see things things we are going to need for the trip, I pick it up if it's on sale. (Disposable) sippy cups, pool shoes (end of season discounts... :hyper:), costumes for MNSSHP, etc. That way I'm not running around like mad trying to find what I need.

About 3 weeks out, I'll raid the kid's closet and pull any clothes I want to take so they don't get lost in the laundry. :laughing:

2 weeks out I start compiling snacks, toiletries (filled bottles per TSA guidelines...), socks, pjs, shoes.

1 week out I grab everything else I may need.

Night before, dump it all on my bed and put half of it back! :rotfl2:

I haven't started putting stuff aside yet for our trip in August... i will probably start setting stuff aside in a couple of months. I will probably wait to do the actual suitcase packing til the day before (or maybe start 2 days out), otherwise we always end up having to pull stuff that we need out of the bags!

We leave on Saturday and I have been "packing in progress" for over a week. Before that, I have had a pile accumulating in my closet for 9 months!! ;)

Now it's down to the wire and I'm trying to make sure I have all I need. I have about 5 lists going right now so everything is done. :cool2:

I think we're a tad bit under the 2 week mark before we arrive "home". I started to pack yesterday morning but mainly because this upcoming weekend is the last full weekend that I'll have before we leave and we'll be gone all day Saturday. We did some major vacation and summer shopping over this past weekend so there were no more excuses not to start.

We still have one or two major purchases for the suitcase (oldest DD needs a swimsuit) other than that it's personal items and other essentials.

T.

We leave on May 1st and I did all the summer clothes shopping in the beginning of February and have been making piles in a designated part of my bedroom ever since. Shopped for all of our summer shoes last week. After Easter I will probably shop for the sunscreen, snacks, antibacterial wipes etc and then start packing since we do not need any of our summer stuff here until after we get back from Disney anyway. So fun!!! :thumbsup2

As this trip is a suprise and the girls don't know about it - and won't til the day we leave, I have been trying to gather a few things here & there. I will probably start about 2 weeks berofe because I can only do it while they are sleeping. I have a few of their outfits made and a few that still fit from last year. So we will see how much gets in there before the 2 wk mark.

I just realized we have 3 weekends left before our trip!:scared1:

I have swim suits sitting out only because we used them last weekend at a waterpark. I have been slowly gathering items we used on our last trip and putting them in a container in a closet, so I need to pull those out and get the suitcases out.

I better get the autograph books/welcome letters done too..... :scared1:

I tend to make lists and lists and lists and then start freaking out when it gets close and I need to actually do it. :laughing:

Well, when we moved I started a "this goes w/ us to disney whenever we go again" area instead of having it mixed in (its in my closet way in the back). Then we decided to try for another vacation, and b4 we even got the hotel booked and the leave approved I had started packing earlier this month. We are still 1m 1wk away and I have all the kids clothing packed, and some of ours started. I also usually keep a toiletry bag packed anyway (esp since we just moved it was already together), so that is already packed.

Our last trip I started packing in Aug and we went in Nov.

and all our clothes are hanging in my closet. They would be packed already if they wouldn't wrinkle. I already did a test run packing the clothes to see how many suitcases we will need, and the suitcases are now lined up against the wall in my room. One is already packed with the glow sticks, laundry sheets, water shoes and other items we won't need before May 28th. The next 60 days can't pass fast enough...

Oops! Two weeks from today we'll leave so I'd better get moving! Luckily I made a packing list in February and bought all the extra items that we'd need. I just need to pick out some final clothes for the kids, grab any last minute items, and we should be good to go. I hope to be complete by this weekend, one week in advance. I guess I'm late compared to many here, lol!

waiting for the snow/ice to melt and being tired of mopping up water/mud I had started "sorting" a couple months ago. Nothing in suitcases but just in a room so I can finalize suitcases in the next couple weeks. I must have picked up 6 cans of spray sunscreen so far lol. I have to do a list of things to take. Because of the weight restriction on the airplane, I will have to do alot of considering this time..SO EXCITED THOUGH!!!

A few months ago I started with glow sticks, ponchos, baby wipes etc. Month ago bought all the snacks, drinks, breakfast for the room(cereal,muffins etc.) I would normally have been completely packed by now but last weekend I had a trip to Myrtle Beach,S.C. so I had to get through that first and now my house has sold after 2 years on the market plus we have to be out of our house a little over a week when we get back from our trip so I have had to start packing up our house too. So, while I'm going through my clothes to take to goodwill (since I'm cleaning out) I have been sitting aside what I will take to WDW. since we leave in 1 week and 3 days I will finish picking up last minute stuff this week!

We have a perment bin we store things we only use for Disney. In it we have the Gate check stroller bag, our cares belt for DS and our themepark purse. We also add things as we see them for our trip. Also we store our Lanyards and fan for the stroller in there too. We also have 2 sizes of swim diapers in there too right now.

We normally go in the winter to WDW so we start packing when its time to put the shorts away, I start putting the summer clothes that are in good shape in the bin and then about a month before I start to pull out the suitcases and start to pack the bags.

Ok, so admittedly I have had a pile in the corner of my room since last fall- started with DD's summer clothes that I thought would still fit this spring, I've been slowly adding stuff I've picked up at the dollar store, etc.

But now that we're officially under a month to go- it's taking everything in me not to pull out the suitcases!

When do YOU start packing? Please tell me I'm not crazy!! We don't leave until the 28th of April!

I NEVER UNPACKED FROM LAST YEAR! :lmao:

only kidding! :rotfl:

I booked the trip 7 months ago and started gathering items to pack. We remodeled our bedroom last month so I cleaned the closet & dressers out & packed my shorts, swimsuit, etc into my suitcase. I will pack the rest 1 week before we leave. Less than a month to go!:banana:

ok, well...i feel a little better now. :)

it's all in a pile in my room- but i have a bunch of dd's clothes/shoes/swimsuits and have been buying random stuff for the last couple of months. if there were extra room in my bedroom, i'd probably already have the suitcases out...but sadly, there isn't, so i guess i'll wait another couple of weeks! that, and i'd feel bad rubbing my disney trip (he's staying home with the baby) into dh's face any more than i already am...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter