When do you realistically think ABD will start operating again?

Another random thought that’s been running through my brain since the new health info came out yesterday- how will pre-arrival days fit into these requirements or does this eliminate most of that. Some initial questions I’m thinking -

if traveling on your own prior to joining the AbD, trying to find the acceptable PCR testing site in a foreign country

if doing s cruise before, Disney or otherwise, how get tested.

or will the “travel within the previous 14 days” day before health assessment rule out pre-travel?

Will pre-nights are booked with Disney (on your own not a short escape) make any differences? Your booking with AbD includes any pre-nights so does that constitute start of travel? As it does not say start of the adventure.

What if two AbDs are booked back to back, what does that do for health requirements for the second one if you’ve been in the AbD bubble for the first one?

Testing and Online Health Assessments
Our updated approach emphasizes a combination of new protocols to promote health and safety throughout your trip, including testing and health assessments along the way.
Negative PCR COVID-19 Test
All Guests, Adventure Guides, drivers, experts and tour operators accompanying Guests in vehicles will be required to show proof of a negative PCR COVID-19 test before joining any trip. Tests must be taken within 5 days prior to the start of the trip. Results must be submitted to Adventures by Disney within 24 hours prior to the start of the trip. COVID-19 testing is required by travelers, Adventure Guides, drivers, experts and tour operators even if they have been vaccinated.

Before Leaving Home – Online Health Assessment
All Guests, Adventure Guides and on-trip staff must complete an online health assessment—as directed by Adventures by Disney, currently to be conducted through a third party—within 24 hours of departure. If the Guest has a temperature of 100.4 or higher, answers “yes” to any symptoms on the health assessment or has close contact with an individual with suspected infection, it may result in their inability to embark on the trip. The health assessment will screen for:
  • Temperature of 100.4 or higher
  • COVID-19 symptoms: cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, chills, muscle pain or body aches, new loss of taste or smell, sore throat, new onset of nausea, diarrhea or vomiting
  • Attendance at large gatherings within the previous 14 days
  • Travel within the previous 14 days
  • Diagnosis of COVID-19—or close contact with an individual diagnosed with COVID-19—in the previous 14 days without completing the required self-quarantine period
Arrival Day – Verbal Health Assessment
On arrival day, Guests will complete a private, verbal health assessment to screen for COVID-19 symptoms and a temperature of 100.4 or higher. For the duration of the trip, Guests will be required to check their temperatures and self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms daily. Should a Guest or traveler display COVID-19 symptoms or a temperature of 100.4 or higher, a telehealth medical consultation will be conducted to determine whether they can continue on the trip. Adventure Guides will include health and safety reminders specific to each day’s itinerary in daily briefings.
Those are *really* good questions.

I *never* arrive the day a trip starts. Just won't do it, too many issues involved with that (missing luggage, late flights, jet lag, etc) along with the fact that many ABDs don't do a lot in the arrival city. ABD might have to think about offering more than one day of pre-nights on most of their trips.

It's one thing to travel directly from home to the ABD. It's another altogether when the different travel scenarios you list are involved.

Sayhello

Those are *really* good questions.

I *never* arrive the day a trip starts. Just won't do it, too many issues involved with that (missing luggage, late flights, jet lag, etc) along with the fact that many ABDs don't do a lot in the arrival city. ABD might have to think about offering more than one day of pre-nights on most of their trips.

It's one thing to travel directly from home to the ABD. It's another altogether when the different travel scenarios you list are involved.

Sayhello
I agree these are really good questions. I applaud ABD for coming up with a comprehensive plan and guidelines. You can see they are really trying to get things going again and I assume maybe the first steps will be domestic (not Backstage Magic) trips. However, even as a family I don't think I would do a trip with ABD under these guidelines unless we were doing a private adventure. A huge part of ABD for us is getting to know other people and for the kids hanging out with other kids and the guides.

I know it probably won't happen given their history, but I really hope they cancel my Rhine cruise before PIF in a couple of weeks.

Does anyone one how these apply to private adventures? In reality I would rather travel on our own and wait until all is back to normal before doing group travel again. Or until there is an easier process in place when vaccines are widely available.
Not sure, that would be a good question for AbD. However, it doesn’t say the Private adventures are excluded from any of them, so I’d guess it would. The only part that would seem to be not applicable would be the pods, as you could be your own pod with the private adventure, but maybe if two or three families are traveling together they might use pods in some cases.

Not sure, that would be a good question for AbD. However, it doesn’t say the Private adventures are excluded from any of them, so I’d guess it would. The only part that would seem to be not applicable would be the pods, as you could be your own pod with the private adventure, but maybe if two or three families are traveling together they might use pods in some cases.
I agree. All the stuff about testing and such would still be applicable, because you're still traveling somewhere, and interacting with your Adventure Guide, and any local Guides, and the people and other tourists around you, so I can't see ABD letting you start or continue a trip if you test positive for COVID-19. So you'd need to go through all the same protocol to "prove" you are negative. The only thing that maybe wouldn't apply is the pods part, because I would assume that you are, by default, all in a pod on a private trip. (But then again, maybe not, if you got a large group together to do a private trip).

Sayhello

Tauck just cancelled all April trips which makes me think Disney isn’t far behind. FYI not posted on Tauck website. They said they are calling guests before they post it.

Tauck just cancelled all April trips which makes me think Disney isn’t far behind. FYI not posted on Tauck website. They said they are calling guests before they post it.

Are you sure it's all? Not just international? When I last talked to Tauck in Mid February (to book a September trip which I hope goes) they had a Winter in Wyoming trip running, and the agent said they're running whatever trips they can. "If it's open, we're going" she said.

I wonder if that changed? And if so, why?

No all Tauck. She said there was or two specific trips still trying to go but everything else cancelled

No all Tauck. She said there was or two specific trips still trying to go but everything else cancelled

Okay, this sounds like what I kinda thought- not every everything canceled, but 97%. They ran at least one Winter in Wyoming trip according to the woman I talked with, so I suppose that's one of the ones trying to go. She made it sound like they were trying a few. That seems in line with your information.

Thanks. I was waiting for my April trip to be canceled. Haven’t heard from my TA yet, but glad to know it’s coming. Any incentives to rebook?

Thanks. I was waiting for my April trip to be canceled. Haven’t heard from my TA yet, but glad to know it’s coming. Any incentives to rebook?
Yes we just got the call this afternoon. Sounds like they are working there way through the list. We got $250 per person if we moved it to another trip or let them put it in the travel wallet (which is basically just a credit for future use). We had only paid our deposit of $600 per person. so I thought that was a pretty good incentive to let them hold onto it. I'm not sure if they offered more if they had more of your money.

Better than ABD which gave us nothing for all our trips cancelled in the past year. (which I found strange since Disney cruise gave us 25% extra)

Yes we just got the call this afternoon. Sounds like they are working there way through the list. We got $250 per person if we moved it to another trip or let them put it in the travel wallet (which is basically just a credit for future use). We had only paid our deposit of $600 per person. so I thought that was a pretty good incentive to let them hold onto it. I'm not sure if they offered more if they had more of your money.

Better than ABD which gave us nothing for all our trips cancelled in the past year. (which I found strange since Disney cruise gave us 25% extra)
Thanks. We’ve paid only our deposit, too. Not a bad incentive at all..

So in my experience you got $250 if you were not PIF and $500 if you were PIF with Tauck. We had 3/5 of us PIF before our trip for last summer had PIF delayed, and then cancelled. I let them keep the $ and roll it to this summer (which we again rolled when we realized Europe wasn't going to happen for us this summer). I decided it was not worth it to give them several more thousands of dollars to get an additional $500 for the future.

We are booked with TB for the Wyoming/S. Dakota "Cowboy Country" trip in June. PIF had been 60? days IIRC? They just notified us that PIF would be delayed to 30 days. I plan on going ahead and paying. I haven't booked flights yet, but I have already had my first dose of the vaccine and am hopeful that we will be able to go.

Is anyone going or know someone going on the Arizona/Utah ABD next week? Curious how the pre-departure procedures have been? Hoping this is one small step back to normal :)

sharing FYI - got an email from AbD this morning re my mid-October trip. They’re adjusting the final PIF date to 65 days ahead of departure date, so not due until August for me. Nice, as hopefully by then they’d know for sure whether it was happening or not.

sharing FYI - got an email from AbD this morning re my mid-October trip. They’re adjusting the final PIF date to 65 days ahead of departure date, so not due until August for me. Nice, as hopefully by then they’d know for sure whether it was happening or not.
I got the same e-mail for our NZ ABD scheduled for March, 2022. Hopefully our trip goes -- I booked our airfare yesterday! Though if we have to wear masks I will be cancelling and looking to instead to book a private trip (assuming that NZ is open for tourism). Ds and I will both have been fully vaccinated by then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter